57

×Dean POV×

I sat in this forsaken room for what felt like eternity.
I waited, praying to Angie and Sam, not bothering addressing anyone else.
But still, someone showed up.

Castiel looked at me almost apologetic and the realization that he knew all along sunk into my bones like concrete.
So, so heavy.

"What are you gonna do to Sam and Angie?"

Castiel shook his head slightly, avoiding my gaze.
"Nothing, they're gonna do it to themselves."

"Why are you here, Cas?", I asked him.

"We've been through much together, you and I. And I just wanted to say I'm sorry it ended like this."

"Sorry?", I echoed, abrubtly standing up and swinging a punch at him. He didn't try to defend himself, just letting it happen.
"It's Armageddon, Cas. You need a bigger word than sorry!"

"Try to understand. This is your-"

"Destiny?? Don't give me that holy crap. It's all a bunch of lies, you poor, stupid son of a bitch. It's just a way for your bosses to keep me, to keep you, in line. You know whats real?"

Punching the angel didn't manage to help me calm down at all, anger was still simmering in my gut. But I was running out of time, I had to convince Castiel.

"People. Families. Love. That's real!
And you're gonna-"

"What is so worth saving?", he interrupted me. "I see nothing but pain here. When I pulled you out of hell, I saw your guilt, your anger, your confusion. In paradise, it's all gone. You'll be at peace."

I've thought so once too. That whole year since I almost died at the hospital. But now, I wanted to live. And I'd fight. If Cas could feel that too...

"You looked inside me, then? When I got out of hell? Do. It. Again.", I offered him, holding my arms out in a surrendering gesture.

The angel sighed, obviously not thinking much is gonna come out of this stunt of mine but he reluctantly reached for my head.

When Angie's laugh, her love didn't convince Castiel there was hope, nothing could.

There were deep wrinkles on his head, he was feeling something. I could see it in the way he tilted his head in surprise.

"This is simple, Cas. If you don't see that this is real and its worth it...
There is a right and there is a wrong here and you know it!
Help me. Now. Please."

The angel took a step back, breaking the connection between us.

"What do you want me to do?", he asked.

"Get me to Sam and Angie!", I told him for the hundredth time.

"They're gonna hunt us, they're gonna get us killed."
I wasn't even listening to his reasons, I'd risk dying any day for the people most important to me.

"If there's anything worth dying for.. this is it.", I said with more force.

He looked at me.
Heavy exhale.
Castiel put a finger to his lips, signaling me to stay quiet.