42

×Angie POV×

Judging by how fast Dean drove to the juvelier, bought a damn ring and drove all the way back, I didn't get my hopes up about the style or quality of his choice.

I was wrong.
So fucking wrong.

Dean did the whole process, getting down on one knee, looking up at me and I swore I felt my heart getting weak. He had this undefinable expression on his face which quickly faded into his signature smirk when he pulled the ring out.

It was the perfect one and I couldn't help but to gasp in surprise. I just begged he'd interpret it as part of the performance.

"How'd you-", I started to ask but he interrupted me.

"You were staring at it in the store. Looked back at least two times. At first I thought you'd picked up supernatural vibes from the thing but I realized you just liked the ring.", he explained.
Dean didn't have any obligation whatsoever to get me my favorite ring. The proposal wasn't real, it didn't matter what I'd prefer but still he made the effort to concider my taste.

"Yeah, you're right.", I managed to choke out, not daring to look over at Sam. I tried to stifle a smile as I felt a flustered heat rise to my face.

"Okay, so what now?", he asked, shifting uncomfortably on his knee.
I always thought guys looked ridiculous while proposing, that it was unnecessary but Dean... he made it seem majestic.
Oh God, I wish he'd just get up.

"I don't know, just lie. Say something nice and pop the question."
I used the word lying on purpose.
To remind me of what this was.
A lie.

Dean cleared his throat and ceremoniously reached for my hand, gently fidgeting with my fingers.

"Angelia,
you helped rescuing my soul.. well, from hell.
I love when you sing. I love the smell of your shampoo.
Your hair always looks like it shines..."

This was adorable. Awkward and random, but adorable. Dean was stumbling around his words as if he was actually nervous. Having him kneel down like this and giving me compliments shouldn't make me feel this good but it did.

I felt a rush of nerves rush through me and I already knew I'd go back to this memory so many times, just enjoying the imagination of it being real. I prayed he couldn't feel how my hand was slightly shaking in his.

"You're strong, selfless and beautiful. I know you're always saying you're just half-angel but to me you're whole."

Don't cry, don't cry, don't fucking cry.

Why was he saying that?
How could he put all those feelings that I've felt about my existence all my life onto one sentence?

I've always been struggling with feeling incomplete, like I didn't belong on either side.
Not enough angel, not enough human.
Just not enough.
And now Dean looked me in the eyes and said I wasn't broken. I didn't expect this kind of acceptance, not even if it was just acting.

"So.. I guess what I'm asking is: Will you be my angel?"
He seemed surprised at his own choice of words. I knew he was doubting if it had been specific enough for the rings spell to accept this as a real proposal, so he re-phrased one more time.
"Will you marry me?"