30

×Dean POV×

I should've known it was too good to be true. Why couldn't I have a normal relationship with Angie?

At least Sam acted very understanding. He didn't question that I needed to go after her right away, that I had to find her as fast as possible.

He didn't make a comment to turn around, not once.
I wondered if I was that transparent, if my brother just knew how much Angie already meant to me.

During the whole ride I wished that I was just angry, but that wasn't it. Sure, I was fucking pissed at Angie but overall, I was worried.

Cas didn't answer his stupid phone which made it clear he wasn't on earth right now- or at least nowhere with reception.

So I swallowed down my pride and started praying to the angel. Truth be told it had gotten to the point you couldn't really call it a prayer anymore, it was more like internally screaming into the void.

Cas showed up half an hour later - dripping wet in, judging by the smell, sea water with a single alga dangling from his left ear.

"Goddamn it, Cas. We have a situation here and you're playing Arielle?", I couldn't help but to ask. He didn't look too amused but frankly, I didn't care.

"I don't understand that reference.", the angel stated, making the water disappear in the matter of one second. I hope he didn't leave anything on the car seats.

"Angie is missing. I don't know what's gonna happen when we find her so-"

"Yes, Dean. I'll keep my ear open and be there if you need me. Now, if you'll excuse me, I need to go back to the Pacific ocean.", he rushed to say, disappearing into thin air again. Okay, I hadn't expected the angel to agree that easily but I won't complain.

"That was weird. Even weirder than usual.", Sam commented. "How'd he get here anyways, I thought he didn't answer his phone?"
I didn't respond, just kept putting more pressure on the gas pedal.

The truck hadn't moved in roughly two hours which either meant Angie was sleeping in it or she arrived at her destination. I knew her well enough she wasn't fucking sleeping.

"Dean, slow down. This is city traffic. You're just gonna get us pulled over.", Sam said the fourth time in a row. We were in Chicago and apparently it was rush hour because every single citizen of this goddamn city must've decided to hop into their car and block my way.

I was hunking impatiently again. Sam shot me another worried look. This was taking way too long.

"Dean, wait."

"I. Don't. Care. About. The. Police."

"Pull over!", Sam yelled sharply, causing me to slam the brakes and getting on some kind of private property.
I was about to ask my brother what the hell that was about when I realized Bobby's truck was parked right out front.

Sam and I inspected the truck, then followed Angie's trail of broken locks. My heart sank when I saw the first body and we started searching more rapidly, finally finding Angie laying on the ground just like the other victims.

My brother squatted down, feeling her pulse. "She's alive.", he announced, reliefed.

"Not for much longer.", Castiels voice appeared from behind me.
I didn't even pray to him yet. Was he also worried about Angie?
I let him through to her and he began touching her forehead. "It's like some creature is sucking on her life energy, her soul."