18

×Angie POV×

I knew I should feel relieved because we just stopped another seal from breaking. Dean didn't kill Sam, everything was fine.

Except for that moment when Dean and I were so close. This whole time I had buried myself in oversized clothes, not wanting to be seen by everyone.
Alastairs voice had been haunting me, saying I was worthless, my body disgusting. That every cell inside of me was impure, that I shouldn't exist.

And being exposed like that while Dean on the other hand had been fully clothed, it should have send me into a panic attack.
Except that it didn't.
Him looking at me like that, I had wanted Dean to touch me.

I knew I was attracted to him but that moment made me realize how much I was willing to throw caution off board when it came to him.
I wondered what would have happened if Sam hadn't come in.

All of my desperate attemps to distance myself from Dean lasted about 7 hours and then I found myself in the next situation. I build up walls inside of myself only for him effortlessly tearing down every. single. one.

I was pretty sure there was still some shampooing remaining in my hair, so I just stepped back into the shower.
I knew that today, it took me a long time getting ready but I just needed the comfort of knowing that right now, none of the boys could come in.
This was time I had for myself.

When I was finally done, Sam and Dean seemed to be already waiting for me.

"What? Did something else happen?", I asked. Was there another monster in town?

"Uhm.. no. We were just wondering if we should celebrate tonight. The last couple of days were.. rough.", Dean explained.
An understatement.

His tone implicated that he was waiting for my judgement on this situation. Like if I disagreed, we would go right back to finding Alastair.

"We earned it, I think.", I said truthfully.
Not only Dean needed this brake, I did too.

We grabbed our things and got into Baby, Sam making some sassy comments about how Dean could've actually believed he'd ever purposefully hurt the car.
They were already over the fact that one tried to kill the other about an hour ago.

I wasn't sure what to expect of the bar we were headed to, but it either way, it was too late to change my mind now. I'd just stick to the Winchesters. We parked Baby and Dean reminded us that we'd have to get a cap back to the motel since all three of us were drinking.

The bar was packed and there was a really electric atmosphere. Apparently, it was karaoke night.
Some drunk college girls were singing "California girl's" in the wrong key, but they seemed to have fun.

That had been on Lens bucket list. The one she completed without me knowing. One day she just begged me to get onto a flight to Cornwall, into the same bar where we sang our first karaoke song in public. We even won a prize.
I tried to look back at that in a positive way. I'm glad I got to experience that with her one more time.

Sam was noticing my bittersweet expression. I leaned over to him because it was very noisy next to the boxes.

"Did that with my sister all the time.", I confessed. Before Sam could answer, Dean finished talking to the waitress.

"She said today's really full so I might've promised her your number to get us a table.", he said to his brother. Sam was awkwardly looking over at said waitress, who was giving him a wink.