31

×Angie POV×

I shot up, still protectively holding my hands over the place where Isabel had stabbed me. Hot tears rolled over my face before I realized my panic was unnecessary: I wasn't hurt at all.

"Angie? Dean?", Sam asked, worry in his voice. First I looked up at the younger Winchester who seemed to scan me for injuries, then I followed his gaze to find Dean.

There he was, laying on the ground by my side. Just like he promised. Dean got himself into a sitting position too. He searched for my eyes and a single tear rolled down his face.

"What is it? Are you hurt? Are you okay?", Sam wanted to know, tugging at his brothers shoulder.
He wasn't physically hurt.
Dean was feeling sorry for me.
That day didn't kill me but still, something died inside of me.

Dean shouldn't have seen that.
I panicked but for some reason I didn't want to escape this moment, I wanted to comfort him.

I pulled Dean into a hug, burying my face in his jacket. He was relaxing into my touch, holding me so carefully as if he feared I would break under his touch.
Like I was still that small child.

"Dean, it's okay. It was a long time ago.", I tried to reassure him.
I had forgotten it happened.
The way my mother's voice sounded.
How she left me there.

And now it was all back, the memory fresh and alive as if it happened seconds ago.

"That was everything but okay.", Dean disagreed in a rough voice, clearly battered.

"It was just one bad memory, wasn't it?", Sam asked, confused at his brothers intense reaction.

"I don't care if I'm crying like a bitch! You all would've been!", Dean defended himself. I could feel his body slightly trembling. It was only when he was referring to Sam as "you all" that I looked around confused, noticing that Castiel was also standing besides me.

They all came here to find me, even though I left without notice.
Guilt crept up my spine.

I swallowed audibly and leaned back enough to look him in the eyes. Those beautiful green eyes.

"Thank you for getting me out.", I said, trying to make him focus on the good outcome of this nightmare.

Before I could even overthink it, I placed a little pucker on his lips, wanting to be an innocent gesture of comfort.

Even though I had promised myself never to let me taste that again, I still wanted more.

I was wrong, so wrong.

"You shouldn't have left like that. I was worried.", Dean said. He didn't raise his voice, didn't have to.
In that moment, I thought he was being so neutral to put distance in between us, because I overstepped a thousand boundaries just now.

"I'm sorry." I meant it.
He gave me another small kiss as if he was trying to show me he wasn't angry at me and it was better than anything he could've told me with words.

I thought if our paths would ever cross again, it would be back to enemies, back to the open hating but maybe, just maybe-

"Is this normal human thanking and apologizing behavior? Because I think I did it wrong this whole time.", I heard Cas ask Sam. If it had been anyone else posing that kind of question, I would've thought they were being an ass but I knew Cas was dead serious.