14

×Angie POV×

I was still waiting for Dean to ask what Denise had told me but the question never came. Maybe he already knew I wouldn't be able to tell him.

Don't ever loose hope like that again. Stick to the hunter and eventually you're gonna heal. I'm sure of it.

She didn't have to specify that she had meant my feelings in hell. I wondered if it was worth sharing all of that for not even Alastairs location, but just one of his 'business partners'.

I didn't care about the blood, if she had wanted it, I would've given her an organ of her choice too. So much for the healing part.

I didn't quite get what she interpreted into Dean and me but she barely knew him, didn't even touch him and now she made cryptical promises to me.
Not gonna happen.

This whole interaction made me want to curl up into a corner somewhere noone saw me. Instead, I still sat in the front seat of Deans "Baby".

After looking up the address that Denise gave us and then discovering that it was at least a two day drive, we decided that we could as well leave right now. Since this wasn't Alastair himself, we didn't need to wait for backup by Sam or even Castiel. We called his brother to let him know what we were up to and he wasn't too happy about it. In the background we could hear the angel mumble something and Sam excusing himself. They had their own mission.
This also meant, that Dean and I were on our own for now.

It felt wrong starting smalltalk, so we mostly just listened to music. We got some grilled sandwiches and fries at a drive in but I barely ate any, leaving the rest to Dean. When it got dark, he wanted to get a motel room. I offered to drive but he categorically refused.

"What? You don't think a woman can drive?" I wanted to know. Didn't take Dean for a sexist so far.

"Whoa, that's not it. I don't even let Sammy drive my car.", he set straight, shooting me one of his signature-smirks. We were already pulling into the parking lot.

"You're tired, I get it but we could get there a lot faster if-"

"You're still not?", he wanted to know, looking over to me. Even without the light of day, his eyes seemed to practically glow. Those damn green eyes.

"Not what?", I tried playing dumb, hoping he would just dismiss it.

"Tired?"

"I slept in the car.", I lied. It was pointless really, because he for sure would have noticed if I fell asleep on the ride here.

"Uh-huh.", he growled, getting his bags from the backseat. Dean didn't believe me for one second but it seemed like he decided this wasn't worth his last bit of energy.

The motel, especially at this time of day, appeared very dark and forgotten like not much people were passing through. It took us several minutes to even find a receptionist. Dean tried to read my face as if he expected me to make some kind of comment.

"You think I stayed at 5 star hotels on hunts because my mommy was rich?", I spoke out loud what was probably going on inside his head.

"I'm thinking I would've.", he simply replied non-judgingly and I nodded slowly. I guess if he put it like that it wasn't really an insult, just an observation.

Sam had told me they mostly ran on credit card scams since the hunter life didn't exactly pay.. at all.

Finally, a boy appeared from behind the lobby and he was very clearly either very drunk or on drugs.
"Ya wanna couple suite?"
Damn it, based on his voice, he couldn't be older than 16.