28

×Dean POV×

I was barely gone for one hour, working on our firewood. Bobby would still need it when we were about to follow the compass first thing tomorrow.

It was nice catching up with him, although Bobby asked a lot of questions about Angie, which for the most part I didn't even have an answer to myself.

Next thing Bobby emphasized was not to go blind into the whole finding-and-killing-Alastair thing.

"We're not gonna loose you to those bastards again, kid."

Dad drilled into us to fight against those who have wronged us - no matter the cost. Hearing Bobby say that my well-being was more important than revenge was something I had get used to.

If dad was here, we wouldn't have waited until tomorrow. We'd already be on the road right now, still blinded in grief and rage.

Honestly, I caught myself falling into his patterns a lot more often than I wished. But having Angie here made me want to slow things down. It was crazy and twisted but I knew once we kill Alastair, she would be gone. I just wanted to hold on a little longer.

When we came back into the cabin, it smelled like home. Absolutely delicious. It took me a second to realize that it must be something freshly baked.

Bobby and I exchanged a confused look.

Sam and Angie were laughing next to the kitchenette both looking like they took a dive head first into a giant bag of flour.

"No, I'll swear to you banana curry wasn't even the craziest one!", Angie started to argue, dramatically throwing her hands into the air.

"You're kidding me!", my brother exclaimed in disbelief.

"I swear, Sam, my sister just was that experimental and it worked out ev-"

"What in the world is going on here?", Bobby interrupted them harshly making both of them look over to us. He suddenly seemed to notice the clean state of the kitchenette and looked from Angie to Sam and the other way around again.
Not that it was dirty before, it just wasn't this clean.

If I had to swear under oath, I'd say the wood was one shade lighter than before.

"Uhm, we baked.", Angie explained and pointed to the table on which there were at least 20 huge muffins.

I didn't even question this anymore, I grabbed one -oh my god it was even still warm- and bit into it. This tasted like perfection.

"We don't even have an oven.", Bobby said sharply, trying to take the muffin away from me. I held onto it as if it was my dearest belonging making him frown. All those store bought pies couldn't come close to this muffin.

"Yeah, we kind of evaded that issue.", my brother just vaguely stated.
I locked eyes with Angie and figured she added the necessary heat for those things to bake with her powers.

She was pressing her lips together as if she did something wrong and waited for me to get angry. I just winked at her and bit into the sweet dough again.
Fuck, they even added cherries.

"You two made these??", Bobby asked again. I knew his wife used to bake too, before she died horrifically. But now he acted like it was impossible to have someone bake in the cabin.

"Bobby, these are the best muffins I've ever had, just take one.", I tried to calm him down while grabbing another one for him.

He just looked at it as if it was an alien.
"Come on, you know you want to.", I said jokingly and he snatched it from my hand.