Chap-41

When more than half of Seoul was sleeping , Jungkook was driving to go to his secret house.He didn't feel like going there today because he didn't have the guts to face Taehyung.Jungkook never wanted the night to end because once the fate of the criminals were decided, he had to make the hardest decision of his life.

After wandering around the suburbs of Seoul for more than 3 hours, Jungkook finally went to his house. It was 3 a.m in the morning and he thought by this time Taehyung must have gone to sleep.

Walking tiredly he went to his room expecting a sleeping Taehyung but all he saw was an empty bed with only a box kept in the middle of the bed. Above the box was lying a note. His heartbeat picked up pace seeing the box and an eerie feeling was stirring inside his heart. Jungkook panicked for a moment thinking something might have happened to Taehyung or Taehyung left without informing .So he quickly walked towards the bed to read the note.

Jungkook's knitted his brows together when he read the note. On the note it was written,

" Happy birthday Jungkook. There is nothing I can give you as a gift.But I believe the things inside the box are more precious than any other gift. Memories are all I can offer to you right now. I know I should have shown these to you a long before but I just didn't know how .I know you will cherish them more than me. So once again , happy birthday Kookie.

From Your Taehyung."

Jungkook caressed the note with his thumb and his heart was already pounding reading the note.He didn't know what to expect seeing the note. He stared at the box for more than a few minutes and finally grabbed the box.

He sat on the floor, leaning his back against the bed and opened the box.He gasped opening the box and immediately his eyes became teary. His eerie feeling was soon replaced with anguish Because inside the box were some few toys and baby clothes. He instantly pulled out the clothes and tried to sniff it with the hope he can smell his baby's scent.

When he couldn't smell anything, he just hugged the clothes ,closer to his chest and started crying. He closed his eyes trying to feel his baby through the clothes, trying to feel its presence but all he found was an unnerving emptiness. He felt his cheeks becoming wet from his own tears but he didn't bother to wipe it. He let his tears flow this time.

He quickly put the clothes aside carefully and rummaged through the box. He inspected the toys trying to imagine what his baby did with all these toys .He was crying but a smile was also decorating his lips as he was imagining his baby.

When he was inspecting the toys, a beautiful powder blue album caught his eyes and he felt a mi pang in his heart thinking he would finally get to see his baby. Somehow he couldn't find his courage to go through the album. However, the eagerness to see his baby's face overpowered his lingering agony.

With shaky hands he picked up the album and opened it going through the pictures. He was watching the pictures taking his sweet times, trying to live those moments seeing the pictures. His bunny smile made an appearance on his face when he was going through the pictures.

At first the pictures were of Taehyung being pregnant. According to Jungkook , no one can beat pregnant Taehyung in cuteness. His cheeks looked so chubby and he was so round that Jungkook felt like squishing his cheeks and pepper his face with kisses. There were pictures of Taehyung eating ice cream messily holding his baby bump which made Jungkook chuckle heartily.

There were also pictures of pouty Taehyung and eating chocolate while a book placed on his baby bump, Taehyung watching TV peacefully ,holding his baby bump cautiously or Taehyung crying.

Seeing all these images Jungkook wanted to be with Taehyung in all those moments and be with him, fulfilling his every tantrum and pamper him with loads of love.Jungkook was smiling and cooing at all the pictures of Taehyung but soon his smile disappeared.