Chapter 3

Harry's POV
I didn't know what to say. I didn't even know I was being manipulated. I don't know what to choose but I wanted to know about the manipulations around me. "I don't know what to choose, but I want to know what and who manipulated my life."

Death looked at me with pride in his eyes, or that is what I believe it is. He smiled and motioned towards the chair that was where he was stood while I was unconscious.

I walked to the chair slowly and sat down. He conjured a chair for himself and sat in front of me.

"Shall I start my master?" He asked.

I nodded. "It all begun when Tom Marvolo Riddle was asked to come to Hogwarts by Dumbledore.
Tom was a naive child at that time and told Dumbledore that he could make things happen with his will and that he could talk to snakes.
His mind started to do its work. Dumbledore was getting less popular as time went, and he wanted people to look at him as if he were God.
He started campaigning about light and dark. He wanted Tom to turn evil. He was the one who stopped Dippet from letting Tom stay in Hogwarts. Every year, Tom had to go back to Wool's Orphanage he became colder and calculative. When he was in his sixth year, Dumbledore instigated and used the Imperious Curse on Slughorn to tell Tom about the horcruxes without telling him about the side effects.
After Tom had created his first horcrux, his play started. Tom turned darker and insane the more horcruxes he made.
When Tom was about to win, Trelawney came to him to give an interview. When she said that she was the only descendant of the famous seer, Dumbledore once again imperioused her to go to Hog's Head where he reconducted the interview.
There, he imperioused her again to shout out about herself so that Severus could hear her and eavesdrop on them.
Then she went on to tell the prophecy he prepared for her to tell. Once Snape heard, he went and told Voldemort. As you already know, Snape didn't get to hear the entire prophecy, but he knew who the targets would be.
When you and Neville were born, he went to both of your parents and told them about the prophecy like a caring old man. Are you with me till now, my master?"

I looked at him for a moment and then nodded.

"Then he told them to go into hiding. When he got to know that your parents were deciding to use Sirius as the secret keeper, he knew he needed to change that. Can you guess, my master, what he did?"

I looked at him and said with a flat voice, "Did he caste the curse on Sirius and make him convince dad to make Pettigrew the secret keeper so that he could easily reveal the location to Tom?"

Death looked at me sadly. He nodded. "Yes, that was what he did. But as you know, you didn't die. The reason for that will be told at a later time.
Now, when he lifted you, he could certainly feel the horcrux, so he needed to make you as malleable as possible, which would not be possible if you were to be raised by Sirius. So he got Sirius in Azkaban. He probed Sirius to chase after the rat."

"Then, as planned, to get me malleable and look up to him, he put me with my mother's sister so that the Dursleys could abuse me. When I entered the wizarding world, he would give me care, and I would give my life to him when he wanted." I spat out.

"Yes master. He also orchestrated your yearly adventures as well as your friends. I am sorry, but Ronald, Ginerva, and Molly Wealseys were paid to look after you and guide you to your death."

I looked at him with hope. I asked in a pleading voice, "Then Hermione was my friend by her choice, right?"

_______________________________________________

Please vote and comment

Yours,
TS:)