Chapter 69

Harry's POV
Moiz looked at both the lords and smiled. "If a vow is what you need to trust me and not think that I am Voldemort, I will vow it on my magic and life. Does that satisfy your queries, lords?" He asked.

Oh, he was planning something. There is that glint in his eyes that says that the end result would not be favorable to those two lords who questioned him. Sev and I smiled, knowing it would be fun.

"I, Moiz Maverick Slytherin-Gaunt, have only told the truth in the past five minutes. If I have uttered anything false, may my magic be stripped from me and my soul destroyed. So mote it be." Moiz vowed.

When nothing happened, he smiled. "Lumos Maxima." He said. His wand tip glowed brightly. "Nox." He said before the light became blinding.

He looked at the lords and said, "Do you believe me now, lords? I am not Voldemort. He is my uncle, whom I have never seen. I don't know anything about him as Voldemort, I read his journals, which he wrote as Tom Marvolo Riddle-Gaunt. I know him as Tom Marvolo Riddle-Gaunt, who had excellent vision for the future, but that mind got destroyed because of Dumbledore who fed him hate potions, distrust potions, amongst others."

The two didn't know where to look.

"Do you wish to say that by questioning me, you would want to question the ideals that had been accepted by the Wizengamot during the trial. Doesn't that mean that you want to go against the safety and protection of our world as well as the future generations?" Moiz asked.

"That is not what we meant." Lord McMillian said.

"Then, what did you mean, Lord McMillian?" Moiz asked.

"We meant that if you were Voldemort, we needed protection against you." Lord Macmillan said.

"Then you wanted to question the sanity of Lord Black, Lord Lupin, Lord Malfoy, Lord Longbottom, Lady Hufflepuff, and Lord Prince-Ravenclaw, who let me stay with them? Or did you forget that Voldemort went after the Potter Heir and that if I were Voldemort, I would kill the baby, my mate. Since Harry is still alive, I certainly am not Voldemort. Otherwise, Lord Black and Lord Lupin would be against me being with their son. Lord Prince-Snape would not accept being my mate, and Lord Black and Lord Longbottom would have arrested me the moment they met me in the bank." Moiz said.

Lords Macmillan and McMillian were at a loss. If they said yes, they would be going against the most influential families of the magical world. If they said no, they would be making a fool of themselves in front of the entire wizarding world.

Dad and Papa were trying their best not to burst out laughing. Even Licius and Narcissa were having trouble containing their laughter. Severus must have put up his shields up to the maximum because his face showed no emotion, but his eyes showed amusement.

I wanted to laugh at their faces but decided not to.

'Mortem, can you put my occlumency shields to the maximum?' I thought.

There was no reply, but I felt my shields go up to the maximum. 'Thank you, Mortem.'

'No problem, my master.' He replied through the link.

"I would like a vow from you two lords. You questioned me, I doubt that you will be the ones to disturb the peaceful life of my mates, but you could try. What if you support what Dumbledore had done? What if you steal my mate from his family? I want a vow from you declaring to everyone that you would not disturb the peace of my mates, and neither would you support Dumbledore's ideals anymore." He said.

He slowly walked down to them. When he was right in front of them, he said, "You questioned my saying of magic is magic, just the person using it would be good or bad. Now, would you please vow on the magic and declare that you are indeed good people." He said with a smile and walked back to the stage.

The minister was smiling at Moiz. The lords would either lose their magic or they would lose their pride, one of which would be hard to get back and the other impossible to get back.

_______________________________________________

Please vote and comment.

Yours,
TS:)