Chapter 8

Harry's POV
When night fell, I knew Tom was on his way to Godric's Hollow. I knew mom and dad didn't have much time left.

We were in the hall when I felt Voldemort outside the house. Since my core was not bound, I could feel him through my link to him. When we heard the knock on the door, dad knew it was Voldemort.

He took out his wand and stood up while he yelled out to mom, who was in the kitchen, making our dinner, "Lily, he's here. Take Harry and apparate away. I'll stop him as long as I can."

Mom picked me up and ran to my nursery. She put me on the cot and said, "Know that mom and dad will always be there for you, Harry. We will always look after you. Always." She had tears falling and sliding down her cheeks as she kissed me on the forehead and started chanting the charms sequence he had created for my protection from Voldemort. It was never a blood ritual like Dumbledore had said.

When the sequence was done, she sent the message to Sirius to come and get me before anyone came.

The second she sent her message away, Voldemort blasted the door and stalked in. He commanded mom to step away, but mom rejected him and pleaded to take her life instead of mine.

His patience was gone by the third time, and he caste the killing curse at mom. With a throat piercing scream, she fell on the floor to never wake up again.

Tears were steadily falling from my cheeks.

He then looked at me, caressed my cheek, wiped the tears away, and said, "I am sorry, little one. If I don't kill you now, Dumbledore will raise you to be a weapon to kill me. I can not have that. I will make it painless."

And here I thought he was a megalomaniac. He still had a conscience. I was shocked when he confessed. I know his curse won't kill me, so I just closed my eyes and waited.

"Avada Kedavra." He shouted. The sickly green light hit me and rebounded to him. His body got destroyed, and his soul piece, a very small piece to be precise, got stuck to me in the form of a scar.

A few moments later, I heard a crack sound. Someone had just apparated outside.

It was Severus. When he saw my mom on the ground, unmoving, he lost his composure. He had to lean onto the door frame to keep himself upright. Then, he slowly walked to mom and hugged her close as tears flowed down his face, and he started to sob.

Watching him cry, I was crying myself. I made sounds to make myself be seen by him, but he was so focused on mom that he didn't hear me.

Very soon, another crack was heard. Snape then composed himself as he wiped the tears off his face and caste a disillusionment spell on himself and walked away without making a sound.

Sirius entered the room and looked at mom, but when he heard my hickups from all the crying, he saw me and then saw my scar. It was bleeding. He wiped the blood and gentlely lifted me close to himself and hugged me.

I hugged him back. That was the moment Remus appeared. The second he saw me, he hugged me and Sirius as we cried over the loss of my parents.

I knew I had to stop Sirius from going after Pettigrew. He'd be thrown in Azkaban the second he goes after him, and the bigoted ministry people will never let me stay with Remus.

That was exactly Dumbledore's plan.

"Pafoo. You. No. Go. You. Stay. Me." I know it was broken speech, but he needs to understand that he should not go.

Sirius was conflicted. He wanted to go after Pettigrew, but I wanted him here.

Remus looked at him and shook his head. "He needs his parents more than we need our revenge, Sirius."

Sirius looked at both of us and then nodded.

That was the very moment Hagrid arrived with Dumbledore. Sirius looked like he wanted to murder the old coot. 'The old coot', nice, I like that.

"Give Harry here, Sirius. I'll drop him off with Lily's sister. He needs the love of his family." The old coot placated Sirius.

_______________________________________________

Please vote and comment.

Yours,
TS:)