Chapter 84

Harry's POV
When we reached the wall where there was a snake symbol at the arc, the prefect stopped and said, "This is the entrance to the Slytherin common room and dorm. The password this month is 'Pit-Viper'. The password will change every month and will be displayed on the board inside." One of the prefects said and  turned around and muttered the password.

The wall slowly disappeared inside the arc, and a door was visible. He opened it and let us through.

The common room had the same atmosphere as the Slytherin Manor, and it made Draco and me feel at home.

When everyone was inside, Fred and George walked to us and stood by Draco.

"Fred, George, why are you here?" The prefect asked.

"We are here for our mate. We won't disturb you. You carry on." They said.

The prefect sighed. "My name is Damian Spears, and the one beside me is Arora Earls. We are the fifth year prefects. When you need any help adjusting in the first few weeks, you can always ask for us to help you. Professor Prince-Snape will be here to introduce you to the rules of our house in one hour, so now go check your rooms and arrange your belongings the way you want." He said as he dismissed us.

When we walked to the dorms and searched for the room with our names on the door, I found mine with Draco as my roommate.

"Draco, I found yours too. You are with me." I said as I walked back to Draco, who was slowly searching for his name.

"Thank Merlin for small miracles. If our dragon had any other roommate, we would abduct him to our room every night." Fred and George said.

Though Draco hid his emotions well, we could still see his ears turning red.

I pulled Draco along with me and opened the door to our room. It was spacious. It had two four-poster beds on the opposite side of the room, with the window that showed the inside of the lake between the beds, opposite to the door. We had our own desks and chairs. Each of our trunks was placed at the edge of the bed.

We took out our quills and parchments from the trunk and arranged them on our tables. Our textbooks were already in the bag. As the bag was charmed to be weightless, we put all our textbooks in it. We had a set of quills with never-ending ink, one of the twins' products, and those were put in the bag along with a few parchments.

Just in case, we put a normal quill and ink if they asked us to put the quills made by the twins aside.

We decided that we would customize the room a little bit more. The room was only green color, with beds made of Timber. The sheets were emerald green.

"It is nice, but I would like better colors." Draco said.

I nodded.

"How about adding a little bit of silver and black tones and making the roof a little better." Draco asked.

Fred and George just stood there, not understanding why Draco was telling me how he wanted the room.

I nodded as I waved my hand.

Silver patterns formed on the wall, with black tracing the edges. The roof looked like the sky when viewed from the Slytherin Manor.

"How did you do that?" Fred asked.

"Harry here got bored after you two started Hogwarts. So he made himself home at the library and read most of the books there." Draco said.

By the time the room looked the way we wanted, Draco wanted more details in the silver patterns. It had already been an hour.

We walked back to the common room. Severus and Moiz were waiting there for all the students to gather.

"As you heard, I am the new Head of House, Severus Prince-Snape. My doors will be open for you if you face any trouble with the other houses.
There are a few rules that we Slytherins follow.
1. If you have any problem with your housemates, solve it in the common room, outside, you show a united front.
2. If you break rules, do not get caught. Have a perfect alibi.
3. I will not tolerate any bullying. Neither inside the house nor bullying the other houses. You would wish that you were anywhere else if you were caught bullying. The new wards always alert the heads of the house, the professors, and the headmistress if  any bullying occurs.
4. If you have any problem with your studies, you can ask your prefects, if they are unavailable and it is an emergency, you can always come and find me.
5. The curfew for first to third years is till 10, and the other years is 11 at night. If you have astronomy that day, you will be excused." Severus said. "One more thing, the defense professor, Moiz Slytherin-Gaunt, is the assistant head of house. If I am not available, you can reach up to him as well." He added.

At that moment, Moiz walked to Sev and stood beside him.

"As your head already explained, you can always come to me if he is unavailable. Or if you think you could reach me faster when it is an emergency." Moiz said.

"Get here by 7:30 in the morning so that the prefects can show you around Hogwarts after breakfast." Severus said.

"Harry, could you please visit Severus' quarters after all the students go back to the dorms?" Moiz asked through the link.

I looked at him and nodded.

Moiz gave a small smile. After Severus dismissed the students, I sneaked to Severus' quarters after telling Draco that I had to go and meet them. Draco also said that he would be with Fred and George until curfew. We still had an hour left so we went to our mates.

_______________________________________________

A/N:
Thank you for the 600k reads. Thank you so much.

Please vote and comment.

Yours,
TS:)