Chapter 16

Sirius' POV
After Mortem had explained Harry's first year, I knew I had failed him. I was Azkaban, but why.

I was taken out from my thoughts when I heard Severus. "What did I do all first year?"

Mortem looked sadly at him. "What you did in his first class with you with a lot more dramatics and insults. You saved him during quiddich, and that was it."

Severus looked down at Harry, who was sleeping in his arms, and said, "I am sorry, Harry. I will do everything to make it up for what I did to you." And lightly kissed his head.

"During summer vacation, the Dursleys had locked his trunk in the cupboard they threw him in and gave him Dudley's second room.
The house elf of the Malfoys, Dobby, had stopped any letter from reaching master including his letter for second year of Hogwarts.
When the elf finally showed himself, master took the letters from him and asked him not to do it again. The noises gave master another round of beatings.
When he went to Diagon Ally, he found that Gilderoy Lockhart, that buffoon was going to teach DADA.
While crossing the barrier in the station, Dobby had made sure that master could not cross it. Ron was with him, so even he couldn't. The boy had a brilliant idea to take his father's car and fly to Hogwarts. Master was forced to agree.
When near the school, the fuel tank was empty. They crashed into the Womping Willow. Severus wanted them gone, but Dumbledore made sure they stayed.
Lockhart was just a pompous git. He didn't know how to defend himself, only to obliviate and make their adventures his own.
He got a set of pixies into the class and set them free. When he tried to blast the pixies, they stole his wand. He ran away from there. A few students were injured. Granger stopped the pixies and put them back into the cage.
Then Lockhart came up with the idea of a dueling club. He selected Severus as his assistant. It was a spectacle to behold. When he told about disarming charm and asked Severus to caste it at him, they bowed to each other, walked back, then took the dueling stance, Severus then blasted him away.
Lockhart said that he wanted to show what happened when hit with a disarming charm and didn't block Severus. As if that fool could.
Then he called master and severus called Draco Licius Malfoy. Draco had summoned a snake. When Lockhart tried to destroy it, the snake got angry and tried to harm a student, master told the snake to stop in parseltongue without his knowledge.
That was when people started to think that master was the Heir of Slytherin, which he was, but didn't know.
While doing the shopping in the Ally, Wealseys were noticed by the Malfoys. The blood fued against each other was bad enough for Luciuss to start a fight with Arthur and slip a dark artifact into Giverva Weasley's cauldron.
Mrs. Norris got petrified first, and then slowly, muggleborns were getting petrified. The trio thought it was Malfoy and followed him but found that he wasn't.
Then Granger got petrified. In her hand was the answer where Slytherin's monster was raoming, pipes. Ron and master found that the entrance to the Chamber of Secrets was in the abandoned girl's bathroom. Lockhart found them and wanted to take credit for it, but master disarmed him and asked him to jump down the tunnel first. When they reached the end, they saw the shredded skin of a very large snake. Lockhart tried to obliviate them using Ron's broken wand, but it backfired, and he forgot about himself.
The cave collapsed a little, and Ron could not go with master.
When master entered the Chamber, he found Giverva lying on the ground, with the diary beside her. A translucent figure of Tom appeared and explained that he was Lord Voldemort. He called out Slytherin's monster. It was a basilisk. Fawkes arrived with the sorting hat. It was said that a true Gryffindor could take the sword of Godric Gryffindor from the hat. Master took the sword out and fought the basilisk but got bitten while piercing the inside of the basilisk with the sword. Fawkes cried on the master's wound, and the phoenix tears countered the basilisk venom. Master used the tooth and stabbed the diary. Ginerva opened her eyes, and Tom's form disappeared.
They went back, and Ginerva met with her family again."

"How was alive after being bitten by the basilisk as old as Salazar Slytherin's basilisk. The venom only gets stronger." Severus asked. He was very pale and had a firm grip on Harry.

"Master is the Heir of both Gryffindor and Slytherin. Secondary Heir for Hufflepuff and Ravenclaw. He was the Heir of Hogwarts herself. She would keep her heir safe while within her walls."

_______________________________________________

Please vote and comment.

Yours,
TS:)