Chapter 15

Severus' POV
After Harry had dosed off on my arms, Death, or as Harry called him, Mortem, gentlely stroked Harry's hair and tucked a strand of it behind his ears.

"Master had gone through a lot after his arrival at Hogwarts. But, master has not told you what I told him during his stay in my world."

"Harry stayed in your world? He died?" I asked. I didn't want to see Harry die. What was I doing in the future? Did I just let him get killed?

"Yes, master Prince. Master did die. He had already mastered my Hollows, so he was immortal by the time he was hit with the Killing Curse."

"Why do you call me master?"

"You are master's soulmate, hence have a small fraction of permission to command me. I might not answer you and Tom, but you have a small fraction of rights to command me."

I nodded in understanding.

"Why does he call you Mortem?"

"Master started to call me Mortem after some time of us conversing about his life and the deception he faced. He was only trying to call me by some other name than Death, but called me by my given name. When I was elated since he called me Mortem, I told him that it was my given name. He just decided to call me Mortem. It was actually cute."

We smiled. It really was cute. He didn't lose it even in death.

"What do you mean he went through a lot, Mortem?" Sirius asked.

"When master entered the train, he met Ronald Billius Weasley. It was all in accordance with the old coot's plan. The Weasleys waited outside the barrier. When they saw master, they shouted about muggles. Master asked Molly Prewett about the way, and he was asked to go with Ron. Their friendship formed after master showed him his scar. Ron explained that all slytherins were evil. Then he saw Hermione Jean Granger. She just interrupted him and fixed his broken, taped glasses. She was given explicit permission to be able to caste magic in her home. The wards were erected by Dumbledore himself.
While at the sorting, when the hat had said that master would do great in slytherin, he convinced the hat to be placed in gryffindor.
The Defense Against Dark Arts professor Quirinus Quirrell. What he didn't know at first was that the remaining soul piece of Voldemort had latched onto Quirrell and stayed at the back of his head.
He also had his scar hurting everything he looked at the man.
Dumbledore knew about Voldemort on Quirrell but just orchestrated the meetings between them.
During Samhain, Voldemort let Trolls get into the corridors of Hogwarts. The coot had Granger in the girls washroom at that time, and master had to go and save her.
Then Quirrell cursed master's broom during a match and would have fallen head-first if it wasn't for Severus.
For Yule, Dumbledore gifted master the invisibility cloak he had confiscated from James. He then let master see the mirror of the Erised. It shows the person's deepest desire. Master's was to see his parents.
By the end of the year, Hermione had finally revealed that the Philosopher's Stone was being protected by the Cerberus on the 3rd floor.
When Dumbledore was away, Voldemort decided to steal the stone. McGonagall never heard a word when master had warned her. He had to go by himself.
They got away from the Cerberus and freed themselves from the Devil's Snare. Then, to find the right key in the army of keys to open the door. There should have been a troll in there, but Quirrell had gotten it out. Then, a wizarding chess board of life-size pieces where they had to be players as well. Ron got himself knocked out.
Then, they came across a few potions where only one would let you move forward while the remaining will either send you back or mildly harm you. Granger took the one, which will take her back and gave master the one to move forward.
The last was the blasted mirror. You had to want the stone, but not use it. Quirrell was facing difficulty with that since he wanted to use the stone. He then asked master to look into the mirror. Master easily acquired the stone. Quirrell was ordered to kill master but what he didn't know was that the master's touch would kill him. When master tried to stop Quirrell by advancing onto him by holding his face. Quirrell slowly became ash. Master's body was unable to take the magical backlash and collapsed. Dumbledore arrived right then and took master away."

"I am dreading the remaining years now. The first year itself was disastrous." Sirius said. Remus and I had to agree.

Mortem smiled. He said, "Then brace yourselves. I will tell you everything in the same order that took place in the master's life."

_______________________________________________

Please vote and comment.

Yours,
TS:)