Chapter 26

Harry's POV
I looked at Severus. He was staring at me. "You. See." I tilted my head and pointed at my head.

"I want to know what you know about the blocks." Severus answered.

I pointed at my head again.

"You mean, you want me to look at your memories?" Severus asked.

I nodded and kept looking at him.

He sighed and entered my mind. "Your mind is quite organized." Severus complemented.

"It was because of you. Though it hurt, I entered your mind a few times during our sessions. I just duplicated it. My shields are not as strong as yours, though." I said.

Then I showed him the conversation I had with Mortem about Tom's life in the room.

When he exited, Severus was seething.

"So, he started it from him. What was the coot even thinking?" Severus snarled.

"What do you mean Severus?" Remus asked. He didn't know what Severus saw and heard.

When Severus explained everything he saw, Siri and Remmy were equally seething.

I pulled Severus' sleeve and said, "You. No. Go. You. Stay. Me."

Severus' expression relaxed instantly. He smiled at me sadly and said, "I do want to stay with you and look after you, Harry. But I have a contract I signed to work for 10 years from now and then, and the vow to protect you will make me work till you graduate."

I shook my head. I looked at Ragnok, who was watching the conversation with an air of amusement. "It is possible, Lord Prince. The contract states that you will work only when you want. Dumbledore already has Horace Slughorn as a substitute when you are not available. You would have to just point out that clause from the contract and resign. Your resignation will be effective immediately. All you have to do is send a letter to the Board of Directors of Hogwarts explaining the clause in the contract and your resignation letter. You will be out of Hogwarts before the classes could even start today if you start now."

Severus' face lit up. I gave a small giggle, and he looked at me. " No. Dun...de... heads. Good."

Severus smiled at me. "Yes. No dunderheads anymore. Thank you, Harry."

I smiled at him and nodded.

He handed me to Remus, who was sitting beside us and looking at us with a smile. "Can I have the resignation letter I have to sign, a copy of my teaching contract, and a parchment with ink and quills, please, Ragnok?" Severus asked.

Ragnok smiled and conjured the parchment, ink, and quill while his assistant, Griphook, who had just entered the room left to collect the letter and Severus' contract.

By the time Griphook came back, Severus had written the letter and sealed it with his Lord ring. When he was given a copy of the contract, he highlighted the clause and attached his resignation letter to it after signing it in blood.

Ragnok then called for a Gringotts owl. Severus tied his letter, resignation form, and a copy of his contract. He said, "Give this to the Board of Directors of Hogwarts, please."

The owl hooted and flew away to deliver the letter. We knew that there was a meeting between the board and the staff, so everyone would know about it immediately.

I then got a brilliant idea. I really wanted to see the coot's expression.

'Do go on master. It would be a spectacle. I would enjoy it thoroughly.' Mortem said using our mental connection.

I looked at Severus with the best puppy eyes I could muster and asked, "We. Go. See."

Severus seemed to understand. "Even I want to see his expression, Harry. But is it safe to go?"

I knew I couldn't convey what I wanted with the baby talk and broken speech. I pointed my head. Severus nodded and entered. "We can disillusion ourselves and go in. With you as Lord Ravenclaw and me as Heir Gryffindor and Heir Slytherin, we won't be registered in the wards. It is like our home, where we can come and go and no one can question us."

Severus nodded after a while. "But we need very strong casters to disillusion us. Dumbledore will know otherwise."

I raised an eyebrow and looked at him. "If you forgot, all of us, you, Sirius, Remus, and I have cores equal to or higher than Merlin. Do you think we can't cast a disillusionment charm on ourselves?"

Severus nodded. Then, he exited my mind.

"Come, let's go to Hogwarts. Harry and I want to the old coot's expression sour when he knows his spy is no longer going to listen to him." Severus said with a sinister smile on his face.

Sirius' and Remus' faces also had the same sinister smile. Dumbledore would get to know to never mess with us in the coming future, and this was just the beginning. I am planning on getting Arthur free from Molly's clutches.

We looked at Rognok. He nodded. "I will also be sending the letter that we have discovered the transfer of money from your accounts to his while auditing and returning the money with interest of 25 percent to the respective accounts. The letter would reach him by the time your resignation discussion is done. My request is that you share that memory with me."

All of us smiled and nodded.

We walked out of the bank to an apparition point in the Ally and apparated to Hogsmeade.

_______________________________________________

Please vote and comment.

Yours,
TS:)