Chapter 18

Severus' POV
After the third year, I was shocked. I did try to save Harry and his group, but why was I so cruel to him and made his time a hell.

Mortem smiled at me and placed his hand on me and said, "Do not blame yourself. You had your reasons, and master understands them now. He would not blame you if you were to behave in the same way again. I shall explain the reason to you as my master's life proceeds."

I nodded.

"During the summer after third year, Arthur Weasley went to get master. Arthur had gotten tickets for the quiddich tournament and wanted to take master as well.
After the match, the death eaters attacked. The used master's wand to caste the symbol in the air, but Amos Diggory had saved master."

"There was an attack?" Remus exclaimed.

Mortem nodded. "Yes, there was. All of them went back. The next day, they got to know that there were casualties.
During the sorting ceremony, Mad-Eye Moody entered the hall and Dumbledore and introduced him as the new DADA professor."

"Moody accepted to teach?" Sirius asked. He knew how Moody was. He would not accept teaching for nothing.

"Yes, he did. I'll tell you about it later.
For his first class, he explained about the Unforgivables.
Then, the students were informed that the Triwizard Tourmanent was going to be hosted by Hogwarts and Beauxbatons, and Durmstrang students were going to come to Hogwarts to participate.
After the arrival of the students, the names were put. The condition was that the participant must be a 7th year student. Dumbledore himself had drawn the age line with the headmasters of the other schools as witnesses.
When the names were drawn, Victor Krum from Durmstrang, Fleur Delacour from Beauxbatons, and Cedric Diggory from Hogwarts were chosen as the champions. While Dumbledore was explaining the rules, the Goblet of Fire spit out a fourth name."

"Please tell me it was not Harry. He was just fourteen." Sirius pleaded. Remus and I agreed.

"It was the master's name. When Dumbledore asked him if he put his name in the goblet, master shook his head vigorously. When Dumbledore asked Crouch if it was legal, Crouch had said that it was and master had to participate or he would lose his magic.
Moody wanted to ask master about wanting to participate, but he couldn't.
That one time master Severus, I wanted to kidnap you my world and wanted to give you a piece of my thoughts.
You said that your mark was slowly pulsing and darkening and wanted to see what happened. Dumbledore that coot, who was master's magical guardian, agreed to it.
The entire school had turned against master except for Neville Longbottom and Luna Lovegood. Ron thought master was doing it to increase his fame, and the know-it-all went with him.
Malfoy had made badge that said, 'Support Cedric Diggory, the real champion', and when tapped it read, 'Potter Stinks'. Master was sad that almost everyone was wearing those badges.
The first task was to get a fake, golden egg from a nesting dragon. Master got the most dangerous of the four, the Hungarian Horntail. He did get the egg but did not get away unscathed.
Master had informed Cedric Diggory about the dragons, so Cedric had informed him about the second task.
But before the second task, Ron had come back to master and they were friends again. There was also a Yule Ball. Master and Ron had not gotten themselves anyone, so they pleaded with the Patil twins to be their partners.
The ball was a disaster. Master was not trained in dancing, and McGonagall took only one class for dancing. Ron had upset Granger.
The second task was to retrieve something very important for them.
Hermione was taken for Krum, Gabrielle Delacour, Fluer Delacour's sister, from her, Cho Chang for Cedric Diggory and Ron Weasley for master, were taken and put at the bottom of the black lake while the merpeople guarded them.
Crum had gotten Granger, and Diggory had gotten Cho Chang. Fluer was a Veela, so she could not last long in water, and she was injured.
Master had rescued both Ron and Gabrielle. He was okay with the pain he went through when he got a thank you and a kiss on the cheeks from Fluer Delacour.
The last task was to go into the maze. In the end, master and Diggory reached the cup and caught it together for Hogwarts. What they did not know was that it was a portkey to Voldemort.
Diggory was killed by Pettigrew, and Master was tied to a statue. Voldemort was the small form that Pettigrew was holding. Master already had the vision of someone bowing to the small, frail form of Voldemort and a snake called Nagini at its side.
When master saw that form, he knew it was Voldemort. Voldemort was dropped into the cauldron and revived using Tom's father's bones, Pettigrew's arm, and Master's blood.
After Tom's revival, master and Tom dueled. Master knew he was losing, so he grabbed Diggory's body and the cup and portkeyed away to the entrance of the maze.
Master was too shocked to say anything but was crying over the loss of Diggory.
The coot had tried to ask what had happened, but master didn't tell. Moody took master to his room and made him sit there and relax while he walked out.
Later, it was found that the Real Alastor Moody was trapped in a trunk, and the one roaming in Hogwarts was Barteminius Crouch Jr. Crouch Jr. had imperioused Crouch senior to make sure Master was entered into the tournament.
Master was not even given the time to grieve and was sent back to those filthy muggles."

_______________________________________________

Please vote and comment.

Yours,
TS:)