The Astronomy Tower

Alya and her friends left Snape's classroom in total shock. They couldn't believe what they had just heard. No one said a word until they were outside the great hall.

"Well, that was interesting," said Alya, laughing to herself.

"Alya, what the bloody hell are you laughing at?!" said Pansy, astonished.

"It's all just so weird isn't it?" smiled Alya. "3 days ago, I didn't even know i was adopted. Now I've found out that I'm half goddess, half witch with a dead mum, a dad who wiped any memory i ever had from before the age of 6 when someone tried to kill me AND i'm supposedly the most powerful being on the planet even though i'm 17 years old and don't have a clue what i'm doing with my life! How do you process that?"

"Alya... about that" said Mattheo, "We had no idea that our father... well, you know. I'm so, so sorry, i don't even know what to say"

"Stop," said Alya, softly, looking into his eyes. "This is not your fault. You and Tom are nothing like your father, I know that after 3 days. Even if you did know, you wasn't to know that she was my mother, and you would've been the same age as I was. Please do not stress yourselves out over it, okay?" She pulled Mattheo in for a hug. He looked so genuinely sad for her and torn up over what he had just found out. "Come here, you" she said to Tom, giving him a hug too. He looked very shocked, but Alya could tell that he appreciated it.

"Yeah, i'm sorry too Alya, i'm really sad too" laughed Blaise.

"Aww, you feeling left out?" laughed Alya. "If you want a hug, just ask, idiot."

"Seriously though," she said, "Thank you all so much for today. I couldn't have done that without any of you. I really appreciate you all."

"You're welcome, darling," said Theo.

"Yeah, we'll always be here for you," said Pansy. Draco looked at Alya and smiled at her. Alya knew exactly what he was trying to say to her with this.

"I know," she smiled at him. "Come on now, let's go have some dinner" she said, as they all walked into the Great Hall. As soon as they sat down at their house table, Hermione was already running up to them.

"Well? Did you go?" she asked, frantically.

"Oh, Hermione, you are not going to believe what I'm about to tell you!" sighed Alya. "Actually, can one of you do it for me? I don't think I have the mental capacity to repeat all of that right now."

"Sure, love" said Pansy. She told Hermione absolutely everything that Snape had said. Alya watched as Hermione's facial expressions changed from happy and shocked, to sad, to angry, to sorrow. When Pansy had finished, Hermione pulled Alya up and gave her a hug.

"This is mental, are you okay?" Hermione asked her. "Are you really going to change your name?"

"I haven't processed it properly yet, but i think i'm okay" said Alya. "These guys have helped me so much, you wouldn't understand."

"I'm glad you've got people like that around you..."  replied Hermione. "Sorry, Riddles, but your bloody father!"

"Don't apologise, Granger, say what you like" said Mattheo. "We honestly had no idea, and we feel terrible. Don't we, Tom?" Tom nodded, looking at the floor.

"I've already told the pair of you, it's not your fault." Alya said, smiling at Tom and Mattheo. "Please stop apologising, you've done nothing wrong!"

"And, I think I will change my name. Not in a bad way towards you or your parents, but I want to be known by my real name. I think I'll feel a bit more...me," smiled Alya. "But like I said before, you'll always be my sister and I will always be here for you, okay?"