The End Of The School Year

When Alya and Draco returned to classes after being in the hospital wing for the week, there were many questions and odd looks, especially when they heard about Draco's memory loss and saw Alya on crutches. The group just brushed everyone off and told them to mind their business, and no one spoke of the kidnapping again. The group had decided not to go back to the black lake since that night, understandably, they were all still quite shaken up.

Over the next few weeks, the slytherins were all working on getting Draco's memories back together. They each took it in turns to tell him things or do things with him that they thought might trigger something. After a few months, they were confident that his memories had returned completely. So much so, that they began quizzing him on a bunch of different things, which only confirmed that his memory was in fact, completely back. Alya's ankle healed within a few weeks and everything seemed to be getting back on track.

The last few months had been considerably calm, other than the many parties that Alya and her friends had thrown for each other's birthdays. It was now the end of June, the day before the end of the school year and Alya and her friends were preparing for their summer holiday. Alya and Draco were in their dorm packing their trunks whilst looking around the place. Whilst they knew it would only be another two months before they returned, they couldn't help but feel slightly upset about leaving school.

"It just makes you think, doesn't it," said Alya, walking around the dorm whilst collecting her belongings to pack away. "Next year is our last year. After that, we're expected to just get on with our lives and never look back. I've only been here for a year, but I've never felt so at home. It's going to feel so weird to not come back, I'm just grateful that you guys all live with me,"

"I know," said Draco. "Hogwarts has never really felt like home to me, but then again, neither has the Manor. But since you arrived, I feel a lot happier here. Hogwarts isn't my home, you are. Wherever you are is where I feel the most loved and at home I've ever felt in my life,"

"Aw, Dray," smiled Alya, wrapping her arms around him and kissing him gently on his lips. "You're my home too, you all are,"

"I love you, darling," smiled Draco.

"And I love you," smiled Alya. "I'm so excited to see Cissa and Star,"

"Me too," smiled Draco, kissing her nose. "Come on, let's finish packing,"

Alya and Draco finished packing everything into their trunks before going downstairs to the common room. They found their friends all sitting on the common room sofas in conversation.

"Finally," said Mattheo, as he spotted Draco and Alya coming down the stairs. "Did you two have a quickie or something? If so, I'm quite offended I didn't get an invite,"

"No, Matty, we didn't," chuckled Alya. "I didn't want to just use magic to pack everything, I wanted to do it by hand. It's more meaningful that way,"

"Ally, we'll be back in two months," said Tom, giving her a confused look.

"I know, but I just feel so attached to this place," said Alya. "This is where all of our relationships were formed, I'm going to miss it. Plus, next year will be our last, so we better make the most of the time we have left,"

"I guess you're right," said Pansy. "I guess we all have a lot to thank Hogwarts for,"

"Yeah, sure," chuckled Blaise.

After a while, Alya and her friends made their way down to the great hall for dinner. They sat and ate for a while, discussing what they were going to do over the summer.

"I should probably go to the Granger's," said Alya. "It's going to feel so weird, I haven't seen them in person since they told me I was adopted at the start of the year. Everything just feels so different now. I've got you guys and dad, Cissa and my grandparents and Star, it feels like my life has just completely changed,"