Alya's Birthday

By the time Alya's birthday had come around, she wasn't particularly in the mood for celebrating. Mattheo woke Alya up early that morning by wrapping his arms around her and peppering kisses all over her face.

"Happy birthday princess," he whispered, as Alya's eyes fluttered open.

"Thank you, my love," she smiled, wrapping her arms around him and kissing him.

"Do you really have to go to the Weasley's this morning?" he whined, burying his head in her neck. "Can't you just go tomorrow?"

"It's only until tonight, Matty," giggled Alya. "Fred and George have planned something at the Burrow, and Molly and Arthur wanted to see me today anyway. I'll be back after dinner to celebrate with you guys,"

"Ugh, fine," huffed Mattheo. "Can I at least give you your presents now?"

"If you want to," smiled Alya, as Mattheo smirked at her and rolled out of bed.

He opened the drawer next to his bed and took out a small gift bag with a pretty green ribbon wrapped around it and handed it to her. She looked inside and smiled instantly when she pulled out a silver, sparkly candle and two small, green, velvet boxes. She opened the lid of the candle and brought it to her nose to smell it.

"It smells like... you?" she chuckled, handing it to Mattheo to smell.

"That's the point, silly," laughed Mattheo. "I found a potion that lets you incorporate certain smells into candles. It was really hard to do, but i got there in the end,"

"That's so thoughtful and sweet," gushed Alya, bringing his face closer to her to kiss him.

"I do try," smiled Mattheo. "Open the boxes,"

Alya opened the first green box and saw a beautiful pair of earrings with an Opal gemstone in them. She smiled widely at her birthstone earrings and put them in her ears as Mattheo opened the other box and turned it around. When she looked down, her smile disappeared. She was staring at a gorgeous silver ring with a moonstone gem on it. It was one of the most beautiful rings Alya had ever seen, and she was captivated by it. She looked up at Mattheo, who was smiling nervously at her.

"Do you like it?" he asked, his voice barely above a whisper.

"It's beautiful, Mattheo," she replied.

"It's a promise ring," explained Mattheo. "It would've been an engagement ring, but I know you can't marry any of us. No matter how much I want to call you my wife. So instead, I got you a promise ring. It basically signifies the same thing, that I promise to love you for the rest of our lives and I promise myself to you, completely, forever,"

"Matty..." gasped Alya.

"I have never and I will never love another person the way I love you, Alya," he continued. "I trust you with my life, and I don't know what I'd do if I ever lost you, nor what I'd do if I hadn't met you. Will you wear it?"

"Of course I will!" smiled Alya, as Mattheo let out a breath he hadn't realised he'd been holding in. he took the ring out of the box and slid it on Alya's finger. "Moonstone is your birthstone, isn't it?"

"Yeah," he smiled. "I know you love shit like that, and this way, you'll think of me even more when you look at the ring,"

"You're adorable," smiled Alya. "I love you so much,"

"I love you more, my princess," beamed Mattheo, picking her up and hugging her tightly as he kissed her hard on her lips.

He put her down and the two of them got dressed and ready before going downstairs to the great hall to join the others for breakfast.