The Champion Selection

By the time Thursday had rolled around, the buzz in the Great Hall was unexplainable. The whole school, including the Beauxbatons and Durmstrang students were filled with anticipation and excitement of what was to come. All students were to stay behind in the Great Hall after having eaten their dinner to await the picking of the Triwizard Champions. Hermione, Ginny, Ron, Harry and even Cedric had come over to the Slytherin table to sit with Alya and her friends as the tables were allowed to mix.

Alya had found out that Cedric, Ginny and Blaise had put their names in the cup in hopes to enter the Tournament. Although she wasn't overly joyful with her friends' decision to enter such a dangerous game, she was happy for them nonetheless. The Hall suddenly went silent, as Dumbledore cleared his throat and took to his stand next to the Goblet of Fire.

"Now the moment you've all been waiting for, the champion selection!" bellowed Dumbledore.

He raised his hand to dim all of the candles and lights in the hall. He walked over to the cup and held his hand out, students gasping as the roaring blue flame turned red. A few seconds later, a piece of parchment came flying out and Dumbledore caught it in his hand.

"The Durmstrang champion is Viktor Krum," yelled Dumbledore.

All Durmstrang students and even a few Hogwarts started cheering for Krum, shaking his hand and tapping him on the shoulder to congratulate him. Their highmaster Igor Karkaroff looked incredibly smug as he shook Viktor's hand. Viktor stood up to shake Dumbledore's hand and Dumbledore led him away to a room just outside of the hall.

"The champion for Beauxbatons is Rebecca Knight," yelled Dumbledore, as the second piece of parchment flew into his hand.

"Of course it is," scoffed Alya, who rolled her eyes as the hall started cheering for Becca.

She, too, shook Dumbledore's hand and followed Viktor into the room outside of the hall. The Goblet released the third and final scrap of parchment into Dumbledore's hand as he read from it.

"The Hogwarts champion is Cedric Diggory!" bellowed Dumbledore.

"Holy shit," muttered Cedric, as a smile spread across his face. He looked up at Alya who gave him an excited smile before he went to shake Dumbledore's hand.

"Go, Ced!" shouted Alya, as the rest of the hall were also cheering for him. He turned around and blew Alya a kiss with his hands before following the other two into the next room.

"Excellent!" shouted Dumbledore. "We now have our three champions. But in the end, only one will go down in history. Only one will hoist this chalice of champions, this vessel of victory, the Triwizard Cup!"

Barty Crouch was now at the front of the hall, setting down an object covered with a grey rag. He removed the rag to reveal a light blue and black trophy that almost looked as though it was glowing. Cheers and shrieks echoed in the hall as everyone's excitement ricocheted through the walls.

Suddenly, Snape stood up at the front of the hall with an odd look of confusion and concern on his face. The flames from the Goblet of fire that had reverted themselves back to blue, had started appearing red again. Dumbledore turned around to walk up to the cup, just as yet another scrap of parchment came flying out. The hall went dead silent once again as Dumbledore looked at the parchment in his hand.

"How... how is this possible?" he whispered to himself. "S..."

"Sir?" asked Snape.

"S-Star..." said Dumbledore.

"What did he just say?" gasped Pansy.

"Star Cortez!" shouted Dumbledore.

"Excuse me?!" shrieked Alya.