The Power

The next morning, Draco and Alya woke up in the same position that they fell asleep in. Almost as if they hadn't moved an inch in their sleep. Draco felt Alyas arm around him as he woke up and smiled to himself. He turned around gently, so he didn't wake Alya up. He tucked her hair out of her face and just looked at her, smiling. He then put his arm around her and cuddled into her, so that their faces were almost touching, and closed his eyes. Alya opened her eyes and saw Draco's face was close to hers. She smiled softly, before gently brushing her nose on his. Draco opened his eyes to see Alya, gazing into them and immediately felt a huge grin spread across his face. Alya did the same once she saw Draco's.

"Good morning," she said.

"Good morning, you," he smiled. "Sleep well?"

"I did thank you," said Alya. "Are you feeling better this morning?"

"Of course I am, I woke up next to you," he smiled. Alya felt butterflies fluttering about in her stomach when he said that. He suddenly realised what he said and quickly moved away.

"What's wrong?" asked Alya, looking up at him puzzled.

"Nothing, let's get dressed and go to breakfast," he said, getting out of bed and putting on his uniform. Alya went into the bathroom to brush her teeth and just decided to get changed in there. She put her hair up into a tight, high ponytail and went back into the bedroom. Draco was putting on his shoes when he looked up at her with wide eyes.

"Is something wrong?" Alya asked.

"You really suit your hair like that," said Draco, without thinking.

"Oh... thank you, Dray," she blushed. She put on her shoes and they went down to the great hall to eat breakfast. When they got there, Mattheo's jaw dropped. So did Blaise's and Tom's.

"You look incredible, Alya." said Mattheo, without taking his eyes off of her.

"Yeah, you look gorgeous with your hair like that," said Blaise.

"Truly," said Tom.

"It's true babe, you look stunning," said Theo.

"It's just a ponytail guys, I'm sure you've all seen me wear one before?" chuckled Alya.

"Nope, never" said Theo.

"I definitely would've remembered that," said Mattheo.

Alya chuckled and said, "Well thanks, guys," 

They ate their breakfast and made their way to their Herbology lesson with Professor Sprout. When they entered the greenhouse, Alya had the usual people staring at her, which didn't bother her anymore. Although, it seemed to bother Mattheo a lot. Alya could see Mattheo's face getting angrier and angrier, so she did what she usually does and placed her hand on his arm gently, looked up into his eyes and smiled at him. He immediately relaxed and smiled back at her as they went to sit at their table.

"Ah, Miss Snape-Cortez, Lovely to see you again!" said Professor Sprout as she entered the greenhouse.

"You too, professor," smiled Alya, as the whole of the greenhouse stared at her in shock.

"Snape? Cortez?" said ravenclaw from the other side of the room.

"I thought her name was Granger?" said another ravenclaw.

"Wait, Cortez as in... surely not," said a Slytherin girl.

"What's it got to do with any of you?" snapped Mattheo.

"I thought everyone knew this," laughed Alya.

"So... it is as in Aquila Cortez?" asked the Slytherin girl.