Prologue: The End But A Beginning

"Nanon!"

Jane ran after her best friend on the last day of their high school.

"Nanon, stop! Talk to me, will you?"

She shouted at the boy who was walking away as if he did not hear her call his name. It was heavily raining outside. Jane was sure her best friend hadn't brought an umbrella so she hoped he will have to stop as he could not step outside in the rain.

But it was the opposite that happened.

Nanon stepped on to the rain and started to walk in the pebble pathway as if it was nothing. Avoiding her like a plague.

The last day had ended early and other students have headed home so there was only the two of them around. Nanon always stayed back hooking up with some girl in the corner of the high school and Jane waited to speak with him.

"Nanon!"

Jane ran up to him despite getting herself wet in the rain and held him tightly by his arm.

"What the fuck do you want, Jane?"

Nanon turned back to her, his eyes flaring in anger. Jane stepped back, startled. It was first time for the whole twelve years she's known him, Nanon had spoken to her in that voice.

"I just... need to talk to you."

Her voice broke as tears collected in her eyes. For once, she was glad it was raining so hard. So he wouldn't be able to see how weak she was.

"Talk about what? We already talked out that it was a mistake. You were drunk, so was I. We went to that room together and it escalated. Nothing else!"

He shouted as he pulled his hand away from her.

"But I really do love you."

"Which is why it got fucked up! Do I need to remind you that I would have never done it to you if didn't have those stupid feelings and drove me to it while we were drunk?!"

He turned away to go but she stopped his again. This time tears joining the drops of rain that was streaming down her cheeks.

"I know. I know I was at fault. B-but you know I didn't mean it, Non."

She held his arm again, the arm of the boy who was desperate to shove it away.

"As you said we were both drunk and I had no idea what was going on. But does this really mean our friendship has to end?"

"Friendship? You think we could have a friendship when you like me and we literally fucked each other? I am fine if you were casual about it! But no! You're trying to get into my life like a leech!"

He shouted back, this time frustration evident in his voice. Nanon's words echoed in Jane's mind like a tape.

All these years they've been best friends, this is all she meant to him? A person that Nanon could discard so easily? Scratch that, she didn't even deserve a proper talk without his anger getting in the way?

"Why are you so fucking mad, Nanon?! Me having feelings for you is that wrong? I'm a human and I have emotions unlike you who fuck around with girls each time you get a chance?!"

"That's exactly who I am! So why are you expecting something else from me? You think I would change for you? Do you think you are so worth it?"

"Nanon!"

His words felt cold as ice as his eyes fixed to hers as he said those.

"Fuck Jane. Forget it. Pretend we've never been friends."

Nanon said as he turned away and started to walk but her next words, stopped him in the track.

"So you're never going to admit that you actually wanted to fuck me as well? You always wanted to, didn't you? So it was because you just wanted to use me as your other girl toys?!"

She screamed in rain and this time, Nanon turned back and strode to her furiously. He held her by the shoulders and shook her as if he wanted to make her disappear while doing it.

"YES! SO FUCKING WHAT?! YOU ALREADY KNOW I HAVE NO EMOTIONS! YOU ALREADY KNOW I DON'T DO SERIOUS THINGS! WHY DID YOU STILL DRAG YOURSELF INTO IT? IT'S YOUR OWN FAULT, YOU HEAR ME! YOUR OWN FAULT! Your own fault for hanging out with me..."

His words got blocked as he said the last words and it was as if tears welled up in his eyes. He pushed her away one last time before starting to walk away again.

"I'm pregnant."

He heard her say and it felt like the whole world stopped.

"Nanon, I'm pregnant... what do I have to do..."

She cried softly at first which later turned into loud sobs.

"That is what I wanted to talk with you. I hoped that we could sit properly and have a conversation but I now know you're not willing to."

The words were like thorns. Nanon could hear the pain in her voice but this time when he turned back, he didn't hold it in.

He walked back to her once again and slapped her on the face that she almost fell.

"So what do you want me to do?! It's not my problem that you're pregnant! Why are you asking me about it?! You were the one who let yourself get drowned in your feelings and fucked things up! Don't drag me into your mess."

"Nanon..."

She whimpered as he caressed her cheek that he slapped and even though she tried to get up, her legs felt so weak.

"I don't want you to take responsibility or anything... but can't you at least stay beside me as my best friend anymore? Like I did to you every time? That would be enough for me, Non."

He voice was a plea, a soft cry that begged. But Nanon chuckled.

"Did I ask you to? You were the one who imposed yourself on me. You are the one who fucked up! Why don't you go fuck with somebody else and tell them it is their child?"

He asked, his words vicious than ever. He stared at her with a blank face that later turned to a sneer. Then walked away without looking back, leaving Jane on the ground, in the rain, alone.

Thank you so much for reading My Little Droplets! ❤️ Leave your votes and comments as an encouragement for me!