Chapter 38: Hanging By A Thread

"Did you call the police and the ambulance?" Bright asked Jane in a rush as he pulled over at the Pawat mansion. Ohm had gone in to check on Nanon and Bright and Jane had returned home to talk with the Prime Minister. They still had things to explain to their father before he could get mad at Nanon.

"I did. I already told them Korapat mansion's address." Jane replied as they exited the car and started running into the mansion. 

"I'm pretty sure Dad had seen the video already. Would he heed to us? What if he wants to punish Nanon? What if this adds fuel to the fire?" Jane stopped in the middle of the hallway suddenly thoughts getting loud in her head. 

Bright stopped running and turned to her. "Jane..." he said softly. Now was not the time to be distracted. Every minute was important to save Nanon, Bright knew. 

"Our dad, you know him more than any of us. He isn't inhumane. He will understand, " he said softly when Jane's phone started ringing. The screen indicated it was her dad and without wasting a second, they started running again straight into his room.

"Dad!" Jane spoke as soon as they entered but she didn't expect the man to be already at the door. The moment they entered, her dad's hands wrapped around her body and pulled her into a tight hug.

"Jane... my Jane... what have you gone through?" the man's voice was breaking. His body was trembling as he hugged his little angel's body. She felt so small and so fragile in his arms. Yet she had endured so much alone, kept so much for herself and survived through all of that. Mr. Pawat could only imagine what it would have been like for her. 

"Dad?" Jane's voice shook. She thought her father would be fuming with anger toward Nanon but this was totally unexpected. It was as if nothing in the world mattered for the man than her well-being at the moment. It was as if the man didn't see anybody else other than his children and it was as if the man saw them first before he saw anything else in the world. It was not "as if" it was truly what the man was.

"Are you okay, sweetie?" the man asked as they pulled away from the hug and Jane nodded with tears in her eyes.

"I'm fine, dad... It's Nanon who is in trouble..."

At the mention of Nanon, the man's eyes darkened but it was obvious there was still a little worry in his eyes.

"Other than the fact that he will get a little social hate, what else would put him into trouble? I don't want to talk about him at the moment, Jane. You maybe able to forgive him but after knowing all these, I can't. You don't have to worry though, I will not do anything to his father's power. But how could Nanon do this to you? I considered him my own son--" 

"Please do something to his father." Was the first thing Jane said without letting Mr. Pawat complete and the man stopped on his words before staring at Jane a little surprised.

"What?" 

"Please do something to his father..." Jane started crying instinctively and then said within sobs, "Non's father... he is abusive to Non since he was a kid. He had been going through a lot, dad. He has been suffering a hell."

"And it isn't just beating up. He seems to harm Nanon a lot more. There are severe scars all over his body and Nanon is in pain almost everyday because of them." Bright added as well and that was when they saw Mr. Pawat's eyes widening.

"What do you mean?" He asked and that was when Jane held the hand of her father and pleaded.

"Please dad, I know you are mad at Nanon and we will explain everything to you later but right now, we need your help..."

"When the video got released, Nanon was inside the house with his dad and we are assuming that man would have harmed Nanon. Ohm rushed inside to help Nanon but I don't think that man will stop. Please dad..." Bright pleaded as well and for a moment, Mr. Pawat didn't say anything.

But they could see the cogwheels turning on his head before he looked at them with bloody and protective eyes. 

"Bright,"  the man paused and Bright looked at him alarmed because the tone of Mr. Pawat's voice was more dangerous than it had ever been.

"Drive me to the Korapat mansion and Jane, you are coming with us."

"What are you going to do, dad?" Jane asked, fearing the tone of her father and right now, she didn't want to bring more trouble to Nanon. That was when the man looked at her, his eyes softening and then asked, "I'm going to save my fourth child."

---

Bright drove Jane and Mr. Pawat to Korapat mansion as fast as he could. They were having the Prime Minister's squad clearing the road but still it was a long way to go. Bright's phone kept ringing repeatedly and that was why he looked at Jane and gestured her to answer it.

"P'Ohm? How's Non?" was the first thing she asked as soon as she answered and at first, all they could hear was Ohm sobbing. 

Everyone in the car froze and Bright's hands trembled on the steering wheel praying everything to be fine.

"Jane..." Ohm's voice was weak as he spoke. "Non... My Non... he is not breathing..." Ohm's voice cracked as he spoke and Jane covered her mouth by her hand to avoid sobbing.

"... he was breathing when I came here. He even spoke my name and he said... he said... he loves me... Jane... he is not breathing... what should I do?"

They could hear the sirens ringing from Ohm's side right at that moment but no relief flushed over. Was it really over? Were they really not able to save Nanon? 

"Jane... P'Bright!!! What should I do?!!" Ohm screamed from the other end and the next second all the heard was a grunt and a gunshot. 

A/N - Forgive my sins, my lord 🥲

Please vote and leave your feedback in the comments! 🥺👉👈

Thank you for reading My Little Droplets. Love you ❤