Chapter 14: Burning In The Flames

A/N - Happy 1K reads to HEART OF A PLAYBOY!! 🎉 Thank you so much for the immense love you have shown toward this even with inconsistent updates. Much love ❤ Though I didn't plan to update today, this chapter is a little gift for the celebration. But contradicting that, I should warn you, that this chapter is heavy and full of pain 😃

---

The congressman unbuckled his belt as he looked at Nanon with empty eyes. Nanon's body trembled as he looked around helplessly but knowing very well what was coming, not even a servant was there to be seen. Well, at least it was less humiliating that way.

"Pa... I was sick."

Nanon gulped as he said the words while the man walked toward him. 

"Did you get into a fight? Did you tarnish my name?" 

Was all the man asked and that was when it dawned on Nanon that there were cuts on his lips and face from what Ohm did to him that night. 

"N-no. I slipped my foot and fell my face down. Argh!"

Nanon screamed when the first strike from the belt landed on his arm and he instinctively kneeled as his knees went weak from fear. No matter how many times he faced this, he was never going to be brave to face it. He just knew.

His father didn't speak again until he gave Nanon three more lashes from the belt which all landed on his back and Nanon whimpered as he curled into a ball as he kneeled. Even though no one was around, still he was in the middle of the living room and servants were most probably peeking from the windows. 

"When were you supposed to come home?"

His father asked in a neutral voice as he rubbed the belt in his hand and looked down at Nanon who was crying silently.

"B-before one. Th-three days ag-go."

Nanon's voice trembled and he screamed at the top of his lungs when his father lashed him again.

"Do you know what punishment you will receive?"

The man tattered as if he was enjoying this and Nanon firmly believed he did enjoy that. Nanon shook his head timidly. His father always got creative with punishments so he honestly had no idea what it was going to be this time. 

"Guards!" 

His father shouted and a shrill ran down Nanon's spine. Whatever was going to happen with his father's men summoned was going to be hell for him.

"Pa... I'm sorry..."

He begged as he crawled on the floor and held his father's leg but he got kicked away. Nanon begged again and again even while the men of his father grabbed him and his eyes widened when his father ordered,

"Bring him up the stairs."

"Pa..."

Nanon's voice shook as he tried to get rid of the grip of men. He didn't know what was going to happen to him but if it was what he was assuming right now, he didn't know what to do anymore. 

Then dragged him up the stairs and stopped and Nanon could see the smirk on his father's face who was still downstairs looking straight at him. 

"I believe you know how to protect your head?"

The man asked and Nanon barely had time to process before he heard the order given to the men.

"Push him down."

All Nanon remembered was covering his head with his hands and the next thing he knew, he was pushed down the stairs or more was like rolled down it. The edges of the stairs hit his spine and the entire body and all Nanon could feel was the agonizing pain that ran through his entire body.

The moment he landed downstairs rolling over about twenty-five steps down, his whole body felt like a wreckage he didn't know how to bear the pain he was feeling. He was crying but also at the same time, groaning in pain and his mind was in a haze that he didn't know what to do anymore. 

"Drag him up again."

He heard his father's order and the men dragged him up only to push him down once again on his father's order. Nanon couldn't count how many times this was done but he remembered begging them to stop.

"Drag him up again." 

He faintly heard again and this time he was only barely conscious when the men took him up. He remember them pushing him down but that was all about it and the moment he landed downstairs once again, everything blacked out. 

Nanon's body was heavily bruised but his face was intact as he had succeeded in covering his face with his hands but as a result, his elbows were almost dislocated while they bled profusely. Blood seeped from his mouth as a result of the heavy impact his body had to bear and once ordered, he was dragged away into his room and thrown in like a useless toy, totally unattended.

Nanon's life had always been like this. His father hated his mother who he had to marry by the force of his father and Nanon just became a son who added a burden to his life from a wife whom he didn't love. One day when Nanon woke up in the morning when he was just seven, he found his mother had passed away in sleep. Though at that time, the police assumed it to be food poisoning, now Nanon believed she was poisoned by his father. 

Nanon always knew he wasn't safe within his household but given the fact that his father was powerful and could do anything to him, Nanon didn't dare to escape. At least the man didn't have any will to kill him yet. Nanon didn't know why but he only knew that much and he didn't want to change it by defying him.

---

Nanon woke up on his bed about an hour later, tucked in bed in clean clothes with the scent of soap filling his nose. If this was another situation, Nanon would have panicked but he knew this was his nanny Grace who had taken care of him. 

He opened his eyes weakly to see Grace cleaning blood stains on the floor and muttered her name.

"Grace..."

"Oh, young master, you woke up. I was getting worried about you."

"Mhm."

Nanon hummed softly. Her voice was so calming and soothing. Ever since his mother passed away, this middle-aged woman had been his mother and though it couldn't be called the same, it was better than having no one. 

"I made some porridge for you. I guess you still haven't had breakfast?"

Grace asked and Nanon nodded. This was how it usually went after he got punished. He would be left in his room, Grace would come in, clean him up, and treat his food until he was strong again. But none of them ever spoke about what his father did to him as if it was a forbidden subject. Nanon didn't like talking about it at all and Grace knew he didn't want to so she gave him his space.

"Would you mind..."

Nanon croaked. He couldn't speak full sentences anymore. His whole body ached and just speaking made him feel like he was getting run over by a bus.

"... if I eat it later? I... wanna sleep."

His eyelids felt heavy but he tried to keep them open. But just then Grace stopped cleaning and walked up to him with a gentle smile on her face.

"Of course, young master. I'll heat it for you or make you a new one when you wake up. Get some rest."

She caressed his hair softly as if lulling him to sleep and that was all Nanon remembered before closing his eyes and falling asleep. He really wished at least his dreams would be beautiful because it really had been a while since he saw something beautiful in his life. 

Please vote and leave your feedback in the comments! 🥺👉👈

Thank you for reading My Little Droplets. Love you ❤