Chapter 02: The Cat and the Mouse

"Ohm..."

The word escaped Nanon's lips before he could process. Nanon's heart was beating too fast out of nervousness, and the latter's smirk didn't help

"Aow. Bro, you know him?"

His best friend, Jimmy, asked, and just when Nanon was about to answer, Ohm answered first.

"Oh, we know each other very well. He is like my very best friend, isn't it?"

Nanon gulped. There was no lie in that. They were really best friends when they were in kindergarten. Him, Ohm, and Jane.

Jane...

Getting reminded of her sucked than he expected.

"Y-yeah yeah."

Nanon replied, collecting himself, and Ohm eyed him before putting his arm around Nanon's neck.

"Then why don't you join us for the drinks, man?"

Jimmy asked

"No, he can't! He has work to do!"

Nanon said at once, but Ohm chuckled as he leaned closer to Nanon's face and placed his finger on the boy's lips.

"I don't have anything to do."

He turned to Jimmy and then added.

"It would be great to join you guys!"

"Great. Then you two join us. We'll leave you to catch up."

Jimmy said as he walked away with Nanon's other friends. Nanon tried to stop him, but Ohm held him back.

"For all that you have done, aren't you a bit too scared? With the audacity you had, I thought you would be ready to rip off my throat."

Ohm said, an underlying threat in his voice.

"What the hell are you talking about?"

Nanon hissed when he felt Ohm's hand run through his body before it grabbed his neck.

Nanon looked around. No one was around as they had now left the lecture hall. It was just the two of them, and if Ohm did something to him now, all he would have is himself for his support.

Ohm's hands tightened around Nanon's neck until he couldn't breathe, and Nanon didn't know why he didn't try to defend himself.

Because he is feeling guilty for what he did to Jane? Because he is scared of Ohm? Or was it because... he was still in love with him?

Nanon could feel the breath running out. He panicked as he numbly held Ohm's hand that was grabbing his neck.

He really thought Ohm would kill him then and there, but the moment he felt like he was going to lose it all, Ohm let his neck go.

Nanon bent to his knees trying to catch his breath as Ohm chuckled evilly, looking at him pant.

"I won't kill you that easily, Korapat. I will make you lose it dearly and lead you to kill yourself."

He heard the boy say, and tears filled his eyes even before he could comprehend. Those words hurt more than anything he could have ever heard. But he didn't want to give up. No. He wouldn't give up. Not after coming through so much in his life.

"You think you're good enough to do that to me? Don't burn in your own fire, Pawat. You don't want to end up like your sister, do you?"

He smirked as he stood straight once again, this time looking directly at Ohm, and he got the exact reaction he wanted.

Ohm's eyes glared at him, and his expressions flared, but he recovered sooner than Nanon expected and smirked.

"So that's a challenge?"

He asked, and Nanon raised his eyebrow back in response.

Ohm smiled intently before he hummed and put his arm around Nanon's shoulder.

"Good. Why don't you take me to hang out with you then?"

Nanon didn't reply. He knew thie game was going to be dangerous for him. Especially when he had his own underlying feelings towards Ohm since he was a kid. But this is the only way out he saw.

If he has to fuck up everyone to survive. He will.

He started to walk, with Ohm walking beside him as if they didn't try to kill each other a moment ago.

---

Ohm drank with Nanon and his friends as he kept checking out on Nanon from time to time. His eyes just never left him.

Nanon had always had feelings for him. Though Nanon thought Ohm didn't know, Ohm knew it since they were kids.

Little Nanon was rebellious yet innocent and was the best friend of his twin little sister. At first, Ohm didn't like Nanon, but since his sister did, he hung out with him.

Nanon was a timid kid unlike now, and he used to be intimidated by Ohm a lot. But Ohm knew that intimidation later turned into an admiration.

But they couldn't stick for long because as soon as things were turning smooth, Ohm was taken to study in the US with his father.

And by now it seems that the adoration is once again an intimidation because right now, even though Nanon was on the dance floor with groove moves with girls flocking around him, Nanon couldn't help but look at Ohm skeptically.

The boy had been on the edge ever since he came to the bar, and Ohm knew, despite the challenge Nanon threw at him, he did have a serious effect on the boy.

This time, when Nanon looked at him, Ohm smirked.

It seems to have done the job because Nanon pushed away the drunk girls frustratingly before walking over to Ohm.

"Let's talk."

He had said before he walked to the back of the alley of the bar. Ohm followed him as he pocketed a little knife just in case.

"What the fuck are you up to?!"

Nanon shouted at him when he was sure no one could hear and Ohm laughed.

"Drinking?"

He asked back nonchalantly.

"Why were you staring at me asshole?!"

Nanon asked again and this time Ohm grinned.

"So what part of me staring affect you? Didn't you already give me a challenge? I was playing with the flow."

Nanon knew he was losing his mind. He knew he was triggered, and the alcohol in his body wasn't helping. He knew he was leading himself to lose when he brought Ohm to the back of the alley. But he couldn't help. Things didn't make sense when it came to Ohm anyway.

"Damn you bastard! Stop playing mind games!"

Nanon pushed Ohm hard to the wall nearby, expecting Ohm to hit his head somewhere, but what he didn't expect was for Ohm to pull him into Ohm, as the boy hit the wall.

Their bodies clashed against one another as Ohm hit the wall with a maniac laugh, and before Nanon could comprehend, Ohm grabbed him by the neck and kissed him lewdly.

Nanon knew it was leading him nowhere good, but even before he knew, he was kissing back, lost as he had never been.

What do you all think of the story so far? 🌚

Thank you so much for reading My Little Droplets! ❤️ Leave your votes and comments as an encouragement for me!