Chapter 35: Still The Four Kids

Bright was driving the three of them to the Pawat mansion. And Ohm had never seen him so nervous. Bright's fingers tapped on the steering wheel, and he was biting his cheeks that Ohm thought they would bleed.

Ohm looked at the back seat where Nanon and Jane were holding hands and then smiled before turning to Bright again.

"You do realize dad's not gonna kill you, right?"

Bright's head snapped at Ohm.

"I'm not exactly sure about that. Jane is his only daughter, and I'm his son. Adopted one at that, yes. But he took care of me as his son. Would he think I'm a pervert? What if he tells Jake to kill me?"

Bright was panicking like a kid, and Ohm could hear the two in the backseat chuckling at how dramatic Bright was.

"I never thought I would be ever saying this to you in my life. But Bright, you are his adopted son. I know you are my brother, and you are his son, but at the same time, ugh, I don't know how to say it without making it sound bad."

Ohm threw his hands in the air, not wanting to word out the obvious situation, and Bright clicked his tongue.

"And no one's gonna kill you. Not on my watch."

Jane said firmly, and suddenly, the whole car went into an uproar, starting to tease Jane and Bright.

That seemed to lighten up the mood a bit because Bright stopped tapping his fingers on the steering wheel, and until they reached the mansion, they started to crack jokes.

Once the four of them solved everything within themselves, they thought it was the best to tell Mr. Pawat about both relationships. The man deserved to know with how much he loved them.

So when Bright stopped the car in front of the mansion, the four of them got out and walked straight into the study of Mr. Pawat.

It was Ohm who knocked.

"Come in," they heard the father say, and just when Ohm entered, Mr. Pawat's eyes widened.

"Well, if it isn't my disowned son."

Ohm rolled his eyes as he entered his whole body into the room instead of his popping head. One by one, Nanon, Bright, and Jane followed him.

They all had pretty serious faces and they were all fidgeting with their fingers that Mr. Pawat knew something was up right away.

He closed the files he was working on and turned to Jake.

"Leave us for a moment."

He said to the head bodyguard, and Jake bowed before he left while the four kids took their seats on the couch.

Mr. Pawat took a deep breath as he sat on the opposite couch.

"What is it?"

He asked, and it was Ohm who spoke first.

"Dad, we've got something to tell you."

He held Nanon's hand, and Mr. Pawat's eyes fell on it. Oh god, he could tell from a mile away what words were going to come out of Ohm's mouth.

"Nanon and I are dating."

Pin drop silence before Mr. Pawat smiled.

"How are you, Nanon? It has been years since I last saw you."

He said, and Ohm's eyes widened.

"Dad, did you even hear a word I said?"

"You said you, and this precious boy is dating. What should I say now? How much I pity for Nanon because he is dating a rebel like you?"

The room filled with laughter while Ohm whined.

"Dad! Don't be so sulky."

Mr. Pawat let out a soft chuckle before he sweetly looked at the two of them.

"I'm happy. I'm happy you are dating. I always knew you shared a special bond. But seriously, Nanon, my son, how are you?"

"I'm good, uncle."

Nanon said, supressing his urge to tell the truth about his father. But the man hadn't hurt him in a while now, so he thought it was all over, and there was no use of hanging on to it anymore.

"I'm glad."

Mr. Pawat said as he turned to Bright and Jane.

"Now you two. Why do you look like you gulped a brick?"

Jane was about to open her mouth, but Bright placed his palm on her mouth before starting to pinch his thigh from the other hand.

Mr. Pawat wondered what got the boy so terrified. Bright had never been scared of him. Even when Bright did something mischevious and got caught as a kid, no matter what the punishment was, Bright was never scared.

It was as if Bright knew he would never hurt him. It was as if Bright found Mr. Pawat as his guardian who would never harm him and Mr. Pawat was proud of it. He was proud that he made Bright feel home and was able to convey how much he loved Bright as his own son.

So right now, how Bright was acting was not something he needed to see.

"Bright?"

He softened his voice and looked between Bright and Jane. Jane was biting her lips as well.

"Dad, I'm sorry."

Bright gulped.

"I don't know how to say this to you. I know I shouldn't, but I--I love Jane. Not as a sister but as someone I want to spend the rest of my life time with. As a family. Married."

It would be a lie to say, Mr. Pawat's jaw didn't drop, but however, the man collected himself soon.

He actually liked the fact that it was Bright. Because though he didn't know what exactly happened to Jane in the past, he knew his daughter needed someone to heal her. And he knew Bright would be perfect. But it was just he never expected it.

He just never expected the four kids whom he saw playing together so many years back would come to his study like this one day and tell the most wondrous things.

"Dad, I'm sorry--pleas don't be mad."

"Dad, are you seriously upset?"

"Dad, please let them be together."

Upon his silence, his three children had become noisy, and Mr. Pawat closed his eyes, annoyed by them before opening them again and smiling widely.

He didn't know where this was going to take his most precious four kids, but he was willing to give them a chance.

"Come here."

Was all he said opening his arms, and at that moment, he could see how relied flushed over them. The four of them stood up and skipped toward him before hugging him tightly all together.

"Just promise me--"

Mr. Pawat said as they pulled away from the hug.

"--that you will always take care of each other."

"We promise."

The four of them chorused before Jane started to giggle.

"Now that everything is okay... how about the four of us go on a double date?"

"YES!"

The three boys shouted, and Mr. Pawat pushed all of them away before he shooed them of muttering how kids these days had no respect for widowed elders.

A/N - One happy chappi after this before the final conflict starts. I'm sorry it took me so long to update. I'm tackling two jobs at the same time.

Please vote and leave your feedback in the comments! 🥺👉👈

Thank you for reading My Little Droplets. Love you ❤