Chapter 37: The Final Countdown

Congressman Korapat had said nothing when Nanon entered the house. It was just like Ohm expected. Though Nanon could feel his knees weak at the sight of his father, he still mustered up his courage and walked upstairs as if he didn't care.

The moment Nanon entered his room, he slumped onto his bed and breathed in relief. He looked around, this was the last time he was going to be in this room and soon, this nightmare would be over.

He started packing his essentials into a suitcase and when he opened his drawer, he saw a necklace in it. He smiled. He had forgotten about it for a long time.

The pendant of the necklace was a leaf of a clover. Ohm, Jane and Bright gave it to him when he was a kid saying only the Pawat siblings wore it but since now Nanon is also a part of their family, he should have it too. 

For some reason, Nanon never wore it. He just kept it so cherished in his drawer. But today, he felt like wearing it. He was going to become a part of the Pawat family from now on, so he might as well go all ahead and wear it.

He took out the necklace from the drawer and wore it so that the pendant fell on his chest. Nanon's fingers ran over the pendant just when his door got kicked open.

"Shit!" he cursed loudly. But he didn't have time to process anything because his father came raging in and grabbed him from his hair.

"Ah!!" Nanon screamed in pain but as usual, the man paid no heed. He dragged a confused and taken aback Nanon out of the room and straightly pushed him down the stairs.

Nanon could only remember covering his head out of instinct as he fell and he didn't even know where it hurt for him to cough blood on the floor. One way or the other, his whole body did hurt. Not the first time his father pushed him down the stairs but the first time he felt such a rage from him.

Was this because he found out Nanon was going to leave the house? Nanon thought but his question was soon answered when his father came down the stairs with a video playing on his phone.

"What the fuck is this?!" the man screamed and Nanon's blood drained away from his body.  It was footage of him slapping Jane when she revealed she was pregnant with his child. 

"What the fuck is this Nanon?" His father screamed again before kicking him across the face and he could feel his lip getting split.

"Dad... please..." Nanon could only beg in a state of being helpless. He knew there was no escape from this now. He knew he would be dead. 

"Lock the gates and seal the doors. Don't let anyone enter!" his father ordered his men and Nanon could see every servant in the house gathering around due to the commotion. He was really not going to make it out of here alive.

Nanon didn't know when his father started kicking him or trampling him but all he knew was he was crying so vulnerable. It hurt him. It hurt him so much. He was very close to his freedom but now he was not. Maybe not ever again...

"You ruined me, you asshole!! You fucked with the Prime Minister's daughter, got her pregnant and then slapped her? What does that make me? That bastard is going to kick me out of my political career!" 

"Dad no..." Nanon let out a whimper when he could feel his vision getting blurred. Just then the man grabbed his hair and started to hit his head on the floor making blood splatter. All the servants were screaming but no one was stopping him.

Nanon knew he was going to die at the hands of his father one day but for a brief moment when he spent his life so happily last month, he thought maybe that wouldn't happen. Memories with Ohm, Jane and Bright started to play in front of his eyes and he knew his time was coming to an end. So this was what death is like...

It wasn't even that painful. It was more like he couldn't feel the pain anymore. He couldn't hear any screams or sounds anymore. It was so peaceful that a tear of happiness escaped his eyes just when he was about to close his eyes. 

"NANON!!" But a scream awakened him. His eyes shot open to the voice! He shouldn't be here! Anything could happen to him here! His father would do something! his father would hurt him.

Ohm no... Nanon wanted to scream but he heard a glass breaking before he heard his name again.

"NANON!! NON!!" His Ohm was here... His pain came back. All the pain in the head, all over the body. The hearing came back, the screaming and all the cries for help. It was as if he was sucked back to life at the shout of his name.

"You bastard!" he heard Ohm scream and just then Nanon could feel his hair getting released before he heard a gunshot.

He heard another and another before he felt strong hands wrapping around his body.

"Dare anyone come near me, I'm going to shoot all of you in the head!" he heard Ohm scream before Ohm called his name again.

"Non... Non..." 

Tears fell on Nanon's face as he tried to make sense of his blurred vision. Little by little, his vision became clearer but his sight was covered by his own blood. But he could see... he could see Ohm crying, screaming his heart out calling his name to stay with him.

"Non... please stay... you are fine... I'm here... Please hold on a little more. Please hold on..." Ohm said looking into his eyes so dearly which made Nanon smile.

He was so happy. He was so happy that Ohm was the last face he was going to see. There was a little hint of sadness that he couldn't see Jane and Bright for one last time but maybe he will see them in his next life and maybe, even maybe he could treat Jane better in that life.

"I love you Non... I love you..." Ohm said hugging him so tightly and Nanon just hid his face in Ohm's crook as he whispered so softly before blacking out, "I love you too, Ohm. Thank you, for everything."

A/N - 3 more chapters and the story is done! How is everyone doing? I will be giving regular updates for the next 3 chapters hopefully! 🫡I know you waited long for this and I know this story has been a lot of pain for most of you but just so you know... there is always a rainbow after the rain. So hang on! 😗

Please vote and leave your feedback in the comments! 🥺👉👈

Thank you for reading My Little Droplets. Love you ❤