Chapter 28: The Only Reason To Live

Nanon and Ohm walked hand in hand to the children's park. It had been so long since the last time they were there. Thinking about it felt like a dream.

True, things got messy, but at the end of the day, even after so many years, they were still together and now more than freinds.

"What are you thinking?"

Ohm asked from Nanon, who seemed to be lost on his thoughts, and Nanon looked at him and smiled.

"Just how unrealistic all of this is."

"What's unrealistic about it?"

Ohm asked, taking Nanon's hand and kissing on it while Nanon just playfully took his hand away.

"Asshole, we are in a children's park."

He hissed, but Ohm pouted.

"But still... now tell me what is unrealistic?"

He asked, taking Nanon's hand on his own once again, and Nanon hummed softly as he turned to Ohm.

"Just everything. When I was a kid, I wished you and Jane to be always around me when I grew up. I never wanted anything else. Because my father was abusive ever since, I only found my comfort in you two. I know Jane is not here today, but you told me she doesn't hate me, and one day, we will be able to come here together again. Today... I just feel like everything in my life is on the right track after a while, and it is unrealistic."

There was a deep sigh of relief as Nanon ended his words, and Ohm swore he felt Nanon's relief in his words.

"Well, I guess it will be like that from now on because I'm never letting you go."

"Is that a promise?"

Nanon's eyes twinkled, and Ohm nodded before he wrapped his arms around Nanon and pulled him for a tight hug. They didn't care about the fact that they were in the middle of a park, and Ohm specifically didn't care at that moment because he could feel Nanon getting emotional.

He could understand Nanon so well. Nanon had been love deprived ever since he was a kid. Kind words, sweet gestures, and caring voices weren't something he was used to. So, just an ounce of that would make him emotional.

"What ride do you wanna go on?"

Ohm asked, carefully pulling away, and Nanon wiped the little tears on his eyes as he thought for a moment.

"I don't want to go on adventurous rides. Can we just settle down to simple ones like the merry go round and bumpy cars. Even the toy train is fine."

Ohm laughed.

"I don't think they'll let us on the toy train. We are big babies, you know?"

Ohm said, and Nanon chuckled.

"All right, all right. I was just giving examples. Can we do that?"

"Sure."

Ohm leaned in and soundly kissed Nanon on the cheek, making his eyes widen.

"Anything for you, my love."

He said, and Ohm really loved the crimson red that painted Nanon's face whenever he called Nanon by endearments.

"You are so cute when you blush."

He said in a teasing tone, and Nanon smacked him on his head lightly before he hissed back, embarrassed.

"Who is blushing?"

"You."

Ohm said flatly, and Nanon made  a weird face as if telling he was not to which Ohm laughed loudly and pinched his cheeks.

"Let's go on the merry go round first?"

He asked, and Nanon nodded. Like that, the next few hours filled with them going on different rides and reminiscing childhood memories. Deep down, Nanon wished Jane was there because he was really missing the girl and his bubbliness, but he knew he had to give it time.

The last ride they went on was bumpy cars where Nanon and Ohm bumped on each other for fun, lowkey cursing which almost resulted in them getting kicked out of it because the kids started to follow their words. However, when they came out of the ride, they were really getting along with all the kids, and the little ones swarmed around their legs like little puppies.

"Woah, woah!"

Nanon laughed, not knowing where to step because he was surrounded by little minions, but Ohm seemed to be enjoying it a lot as he picked up a little one and kissed him on the cheek.

"You good with kids?"

Nanon asked, surprised right when the parents came up to pick the kids, saying apologies to the two young boys, and Ohm nodded proudly.

"I like them, and they like me. Are you not good with them?"

"There's only two words to say if I am given a kid."

"And that is?"

"Save me."

Nanon said, his face scruching up, and Ohm burst into a laughter.

"So it is true..."

He muttered while bowing to the parents of the kids and walking away with Nanon.

"What?"

"Babies can't take care of babies."

Ohm said, and Nanon glared at him.

"Who is the baby?"

"You. You are my baby."

Ohm sent a flying smooch on Nanon's way, and Nanon scoffed in disbelief.

"Really smooth Pawat. Really smooth."

"Let's face the truth, you like it."

Ohm said, as a matter of fact, and Nanon rolled his eyes as he muttered with a small smile playing across his lips,

"I never said no..."

Ohm was about to hug the boy again and kiss him all over, but right then, his phone began to ring.

"It's P'Bright. Can you buy us ice cream while I take this?"

Ohm asked as he handed over his wallet to Nanon, and Nanon nodded.

"Which flavor?"

He asked, and Ohm winked.

"You know."

Nanon grinned as he went to the ice cream man while Ohm went in the opposite direction to take the call. Yes, Nanon knew which flavor Ohm liked. Ohm only like chocolate ice cream since he was a kid, and Nanon always wanted him to try vanilla, but he never did.

That prick is so stubborn.

Nanon cursed in his mind as he walked up to the ice cream man and ordered two vanilla ice creams and two chocolate ice creams. Well, he had the urge to eat two, and it was Ohm's money, so why not? In his defense, he bought two to Ohm as well.

Then, right when he was done buying and turned to search for Ohm, he saw Ohm coming toward him with a wide smile on his face. He eyed the four ice creams on Nanon's two hands, which he was barely juggling and then chuckled.

As Ohm walked toward him, Nanon knew only one thing, that man, his smile, and his existence was the only reason he had to live.

A/N - I wanted to give an update before this, but Wattpad is effing around and so glitchy. I will give the bonus chapter of Ohm, Nanon, and Bright soon, but I don't think I have time for it today. Hope you enjoyed this.

Also, if anyone is interested in reading non-fanfictions that are straight, do let me know. I started my patreon.

Please vote and leave your feedback in the comments! 🥺👉👈

Thank you for reading My Little Droplets. Love you ❤