Chapter 16: Mercy

Ohm and Jimmy took Nanon to the hospital and slowly helped him on a bed until the nurses came and attended him. Nanon looked nervous as bit his lips and looked at Ohm and Jimmy from time to time and the two boy looked at Nano with grins on their faces.

"You do realize this is going to hurt you less than how you got injured, right?" 

Jimmy asked and Nanon whined.

"But it's going to hurt, Jim. It doesn't hurt now. Can we go back?"

"Nanon, you are literally limping." 

Jimmy pointed out and then Ohm spoke,

"Plus we need to let them scan you and see if there is any internal bleeding. It isn't a joke if there is something like that."

"Then I will die! Easier than this."

Nanon didn't think too much before saying those words and the next thing he knew, Ohm had his collar clutched in his fists. 

"Don't you fucking tell such a thing so easily. Do you even understand the depth of what you are saying?"

Nanon halted for a second and Jimmy looked shocked at the sudden aggressiveness but Jimmy nodded his head agreeing with Ohm. 

"He's right, Non. Don't say such words so easily." 

Jimmy tried taking Ohm's hands away from Nanon's collar gently but Ohm's fingers only clutched Nanon's collar more at that attempt.

"What's wrong with you?"

This time Nanon's voice raised and then added.

"You want to see me hurt anyway."

"But not you dead. I won't wish that on my worst enemy and specially not on you. You need to live for me to see you suffer and for me to make you suffer."

None of them remembered about Jimmy's presence at that moment and Jimmy was totally taken aback with the direction this whole conversation was leading to. 

Nanon's eyes were filling with tears with each word that came out of Ohm's mouth and he just gulped when Ohm continued.

"Plus, how could you be so selfish, Nanon? I know already you are selfish but I didn't know it ran this deep into you. If you die, you die but then what about the rest of us who are left alive needing to figure out how to live the rest of our lives without you in it? What about Jimmy? What about me? What about Jane?"

It was the first time Nanon saw tears collect in Ohm's eyes ever since they met and Nanon didn't know why it was making him feel things he didn't want to. HE didn't want to fell that Ohm was caring about him because later on when Ohm hurt him, it would only scar him more because of his expectations. Nanon didn't want to feel that just the idea of him not being alive could make Ohm cry and Nanon didn't want to believe that Ohm was so concerned about him.

"Hey, man. Calm down. He didn't suite mean it. Why take it so seriously?"

Jimmy asked softly, despite being puzzled about all the tension between the two boys and about the words that came out of Ohm's mouth a few moments ago, But Jimmy wasn't a total stupid who didn't know there was something going on between Nanon and Ohm than they showed and just by the way Nanon reacted the first day he met Ohm and with the way they claimed to be childhood friends, Jimmy knew there was something more into it. But it was quite eye opening to see it slip out by Nanon and Ohm themselves. 

"Yes exactly. Why so serious about it?"

Nanon quickly said pushing Ohm away and Nanon just inhaled deeply as he roughly wiped off the tears collected in his eyes and looked away. Nanon just forced the tears in his eyes not to fall and Jimmy just stayed silent. the three boys didn't even look into each other's eyes after that. 

Minutes passed in awkward silence until one of the nurses called Jimmy to come and sign something and then, Nanon looked at Ohm and muttered,

"I'm sorry. I would think more when I speak next time."

Ohm looked at him with soft eyes lingering all over Nanon's face and then nodded

"Mhm. It isn't a joke, Nanon. I almost lost the person I cared the most about in my life and I am to ready to see that happening to anyone close to me ever again."

"Jane?"

Nanon took a wild guess and he could only fill and dip in guilt when Ohm nodded knowing very well he was the reason. 

"She didn't deserve it."

Nanon's voice broke as he spoke.

"I'm s-sorry I was such an asshole, Ohm. There isn't a single day--"

"Shut up."

Ohm growled at him making Nanon pause abruptly and when Nanon gulped in fear, Ohm took a deep breath and spoke his next words softly.

"Let's talk about it later. Jimmy will be here soon and we've fed him with enough information for the day."

Nanon nodded, feeling a little glad that it was not him that got Ohm mad. Nanon was trying his best to rebuild the relationship with Ohm, not only because he loved the boy but also because he knew he was wrong and he still respected the childhood friendship they had. 

Just then Jimmy tuned to return and then he reached them before sayin with a smile.

"They got my permission to do the scans on Nanon. Ohm, they want us to stay out."

The boy said and Ohm nodded before they nodded at Nanon and stepped away. The nurse came up to Nanon and covered him with curtains while Ohm and Jimmy just stood outside.

"Jim, about what you heard a few moments ago..."

"I have no questions. I always knew there was something going on between you two and there is a reason why both you and Nanon are not ready to tell it yet. Don't worry, neither I would question nor I would tell anyone."

"Thank you."

Ohm muttered and Jimmy just put his arm around Ohm's shoulder as he looked at Ohm and said earnestly.

"But I need to tell you something, man. I don't know what happened between you two and as of how I see it, Nanon is at fault. Maybe he deserves what you came here to do to him and maybe he was an asshole to you or someone you know because I know Nanon and he wasn't always clean. But, right now, please be gentle with him. There is so much a person can take and I'm scared that Nanon's limit is reaching."

Ohm didn't say anything but instead put his arms around Jimmy's shoulders in silence as he nodded with a smile. Deep down, Ohm also had it figured it out along with the fact that was something going on in Nanon's life than it meets to the eyes and he knew it was only a matter of time until he figured it out. 

A/N - I'll try to give another update today ❤ No promises but I will try my best. 

Please vote and leave your feedback in the comments! 🥺👉👈

Thank you for reading My Little Droplets. Love you ❤