Chapter 10: Rain and Dreams

It was raining heavily. Bright just stood by a shop and looked as the water droplets poured down. The whole atmosphere was melancholic and he felt a chill run down his spine when the breeze flew through his body with the mist. 

"Son, you want an umbrella? I have an extra one."

An old man extended his umbrella to Bright. It was so sudden that Bright instinctively looked at the man from head to toe. But he quickly smiled. 

"Would be great, uncle. Thank you."

He said as he took the umbrella and the old man chuckled softly. 

"My son must be the same age around you but you have quite a different personality from him. His name is Win."

"Oh really? I guess you mean he doesn't look at people from head to toe when someone offers help?"

Bright scratched his neck embarrassed and the man grinned.

"That too, yes. But I was talking about the overall personality. His eyes aren't lonely as yours and he probably wouldn't need an umbrella for this rain. He would just get out and run through it chuckling."

"Sounds like a fun person to be with."

Bright smiled genuinely. He felt warm hearing about how fondly the man was talking about his son and he didn't know why he imagined a young boy with a fair skin and bubbly personality running through the rain. Polar opposite of him but Bright felt like that boy might be able to understand him.

"I'll get going, you man."

The old man flared his own umbrella and stepped out while Bright did the same. But before stepping out he called the man again.

"Will we ever meet again?"

Bright had a habit of asking this question from every stranger that crossed his path and he loved the different answers he got.

"If the fate believes we should, then we will sure do."

There was a cheery laugh coming from the man and Bright couldn't help but look at him fondly. Bright waved at the man as he went away and he felt like a kid in front of him once again. Rain, Loneliness and Old people... are truly the best companions. 

Bright didn't expect any less but his heart broke at the sight when he came back to the house. Nanon was slumped by the wall, passed out, his face covered in bruises and cuts. He was not drenched in rain as there was the end of the roof over his head but still, he was all wet. 

"Nanon."

Bright called the boy softly. There was no reply. 

"Nanon."

Bright called again but still, there was no response. Bright bent down and checked his pulses and was glad to see he was alright. Bright chuckled sympathetically. The boy was just tired and worn out. He looked around and thought of taking the boy in but he knew better than to do that with Ohm. If Ohm decides to drag Nanon out once again, Nanon will have to go through a hell once again.

So instead, he went inside and brought his raincoat and covered Nanon by it. 

"This will have to do, kid."

He patted Nanon's head as if patting a little puppy and smiled when Nanon let out a whine in his sleep. If he could, Bright would take all the three of them back in the years just to see them running around and playing. 

He went inside closing the door behind and walked into the camera room. Ohm was sleeping like a baby and that made him smile. He sat on the chair and perked up his alert, getting on to his duty. With how low Ohm was laying, he didn't need any protection but better be safe than sorry.

---

Nanon couldn't open his eyes even if he wanted to. They felt so heavy. He was feeling like he was freezing a moment ago but now he felt warm. He wondered what the reason was but his mind was in daze to find out what it was.

It was heavily raining. He could hear it. He was outside Ohm's place. He knew it. He had to get to his house by hook or by crook. He knew it. But he wouldn't be able to. He knew that as well. 

"Fuck this..."

He muttered as he stopped trying to open his heavy eyelids. Whatever happens tomorrow was for tomorrow and if consequences was what he has to face then so be it. 

That night in his sleep, he went back to their childhood when they played under than certain banyan tree in the kindergarten and he saw how Jane saved him when he was getting bullied by some other kids. He was a innocent kid, a person with a low self esteem due to many reasons and he had no friends at all until Jane decided to save him and Ohm decided to kick the asses of the bully kids.

Ever since then, they had been inseparable. Ohm had always been distant. He was their knight in the shining armor who cherished them from the distance and in his dream, Nanon saw something in Ohm's eyes which he never saw before as a kid. The memory was so vivid but Nanon regretted not seeing that look earlier.

Ohm always knew he liked him but Ohm also knew Jane liked him. Which was why he was at a distant letting them get closer. And it worked. He and Jane got actually closer. Ohm might be Nanon's first love but somewhere down the lane as they grew up, Nanon also did like Jane.

That day when he had sex with her, it was not just because he was drunk but was because he badly wanted to do it as well. Ohm gone from the picture, there was nothing holding him back. He really loved Jane but was always scared to confess to her just because he knew he couldn't take care of her even if he wanted to. Nanon couldn't even take care of himself yet. 

But drunken nights and brains out of the window led one thing to the other and even before he knew everything go fucked up. Then he chose the most asshole way to get out of it and he highly regretted it. There wasn't a single day he didn't regret but there wasn't a single thing he could do about it anymore.

"Jane... I'm sorry."

Those words escaped his lips in his sleep and Nanon wrapped his arms around himself instinctively as he dreamed about Ohm and Jane hugging him when he cried as a kid. They were once his safe space and even thought he knew he had messed things up, Nanon wished one day, they could go back to where they were. And if they ever do, he promised he would do things right this time.

A/N - This is a like a milestone chapter. Things are going to change a little from here and the story is going to step into the next phase ❤ These are just the start and worse is yet to come. So I hope you fasten your belts and is ready for the bumpy ride. But I promise, there will be a rainbow after the rain. Also thank you so much for 600+ reads and damn 100 votes just for these 10 chapters. You've shown love to this story than I could ever imagine 😭❤😭❤ Means a lot!

Please vote and leave your feedback in the comments! 🥺👉👈

Thank you for reading My Little Droplets. Love you ❤