Chapter 20: Healing Hearts

"You are not going home ever again."

Ohm said as he helped Nanon into the car and Nanon chuckled, blood still seeping through his lips. 

"Then stay where? At your place?"

"Yeah."

Ohm said as if it was a matter of fact and Nanon laughed as he watched Ohm get into the driver's seat beside him. 

"Was he always like this?"

Ohm asked and Nanon hummed.

"Since I was a kid."

"Did Jane know?"

Ohm didn't look at him as he asked that Nanon gulped. Thinking of Jane, it hurts. It would be a lie if he didn't admit he did like Jane. He liked Jane and he loved Jane and he really really liked the fact that they had sex even when they were drunk. Though at first he loved Ohm, Ohm left the country and eventually, Nanon started to grow fond of Jane and almost asked her out once. That day when he had sex with Jane, he was totally conscious and he knew what he was doing. But at the end of the day, he decided to be an asshole and hurt her just because he had his own insecurities. In fact, Nanon was the one who started what happened that night with Jane just because he thought Jane wouldn't remember anything the next day but it wasn't how it turned out to be.

"Nanon?"

Ohm called again, and Nanon came back to reality.

"Huh?"

"Did Jane know?"

"Yeah."

He said feeling a lump of throat in his mouth. Images of all the days Jane stood by him and medicated his wounds every time his father beat him up flashed through his mind. Every word she had said to Nanon to emotionally support him, to remind him that he still had a fire left inside him replayed in his mind again and again. For twelve years, Jane had been his best friend and she had been her anything and everything ad the person Nanon believed was his first love which he fucked up so brutally.

"Was she ever a bad friend to you?"

Ohm asked again, still not looking at Nanon as he was focusing on the road while driving and Nanon shook his head, tears collecting in his eyes. He rested his head on the headboard of the seat and looked at the road ahead with blurry eyes.

"No, she was the best friend I could ever ask for."

He replied so softly.

"Then did she force you or lead you to do it that night?"

"No."

Nanon gulped.

"And it wasn't quite a drunken mistake. I knew what I was doing very well."

He admitted. 

"What?"

Ohm's eyes ceased and Nanon wiped his tears roughly before looking at Ohm and saying,

"I loved her. I truly did. But I didn't want to settle down. I didn't want to stick to one person and feel trapped in my life than I already was. I never thought she would remember it the next day and I was just planning to do it as a one time thing and forget all about it but... but I forgot, just as I liked her, she liked me and that she would never forget such an important detail."

Nanon thought Ohm would pull over and beat the shit out him but instead Ohm sighed.

"I don't get it... I'm trying to figure out where it went wrong. Nanon how could you be so reckless? Didn't you at least think of protection?"

"I lost all of my senses when it came to her."

Was all he said and this time, Nanon could hear Ohm's voice break.

"But why did you have to do that? Why did you have to make me lose myself between two people I love? Why did you have to make it such a mess that I didn't know what I should do? Did you really have to--"

"Ohm stop the car."

Nanon said at once when he saw Ohm sobbing and Ohm did what Nanon said immediately as he pulled the car to the side of the road and hit his head on the steering wheel, crying in frustration. 

"Did you really have to choose Jane to be such an asshole? Nanon did you really have to make me hate you so much? I thought I could trust you, I thought I could trust Jane until I came back but why did you two have to end up like this?"

To call Ohm was crying was an understatement because the boy was literally sobbing and weeping with tears streaming down his face. It was all the frustration, it was all the pain he had been holding back. It was all the helplessness he felt when he came back to his two most loving people in the world only to see them broken within themselves and with each other. It was the loss of hope that he experienced when he saw how much fucked up things were that they couldn't seem to be fixed anymore.

"Ohm..."

Nanon had stopped crying by now, taken aback by the sudden outburst of Ohm and he placed his hand softly on Ohm's back when Ohm grabbed Nanon's collar and screamed at him.

"I loved you, you hear me?! I loved you so much that I thought it was better that I go out of the country when I saw Jane loving you and you falling in love with her as well! I still love you and will never stop loving you so just why... Nanon why did you have to do that? Why did you have to hurt her so bad? You could have just been with her and supported her at least emotionally if you couldn't do anything else. Was that too much to ask for?"

"It wasn't...."

Nanon shook his head, now crying bitterly not being able to see how bad Ohm was breaking down. Nanon cupped Ohm face in his hands and placed their foreheads together as he said as he cried.

"I'm sorry... I'm so sorry that I fucked it all up. I'm sorry I couldn't take care of Jane and myself while you were away. I'm sorry for being such a selfish bastard and ruining all of you by being immature. I'm not asking for forgiveness and I'm not asking for understanding when there is nothing to understand and I'm at fault. I'm just... so sorry. I don't what else to say beside that because I know nothing could fix what I had done."

Nanon didn't know if he was dreaming or not but he remembered that Ohm wrapped his hands around his neck and sealed their lips softly as they cried. But by the time Nanon was out of his daze, they were both hugging each other tightly and crying on each other's shoulders. 

When they pulled out of the hug, both of them could feel as if a huge weight was lifted off their shoulders and Ohm looked at Nanon with the most adoring eyes that Nanon had ever seen Ohm giving to him before starting the car and driving in silence. 

A/N - We have reached half of the story now. How do you feel about the story so far? Loved it or nah? A little request for even the silent readers to drop a comment because I would really love to know. ✨

Please vote and leave your feedback in the comments! 🥺👉👈

Thank you for reading My Little Droplets. Love you ❤