Chapter 25: Cherished Promises

HAPPY 400 FOLLOWERS TO ME ❤️🔥 This is a gift for all the love. Currently, this is my best performing book, and I'm so grateful for it. Thank you and I love you! 😘

----

Nanon and Ohm were dipped in the bathtub. Ohm was spooning Nanon in his embrace, and Nanon just rested the back of his head on Ohm's shoulder as he kept his eyes closed.

It has been a while since Nanon got a chance to lay back and relax like this. Especially in the arms of someone who loved him dearly. This was the first time after Jane that he met someone whom he could rely on. Not to be mistaken, Jimmy was a really good friend, but Nanon didn't find his safe space in Jimmy for some reason.

"What are you thinking?"

Ohm whispered softly in his ear, sending tingles down his spine, and Nanon opened his eyes to look up to Ohm.

"Do you think Jane hates me?"

Nanon was scared to ask that question when he knew the answer would be yes but he still wanted to hear it.

"No. She never did and she never will."

Ohm's answer was so unexpected that Nanon sat up and looked back at him with a confused face.

"What?"

Upon seeing Nanon's shock, Ohm chuckled.

"It is what is is."

Ohm said as he pulled back Nanon into his embrace and made him rest the back of his head on his shoulder again. In the cold night, they shared the warmth of the water and the warmth of their bodies.

"Why?"

Nanon asked softly and Ohm gently caressed his hair. At first Ohm didn't reply. It was as if he was calming down Nanon because he knew Nanon would still feel upset no matter how much Nanon tried to ignore it.

"Because you are her best friend. She didn't like me coming here and she actually begged me not to hurt you. She said it was her fault and her fault only that she ended up in that situation."

"She said that?"

Nanon asked, feeling like choking.

"Mhm."

"Those were the words I said to her. Actually I..."

Nanon paused. Nanon knew Ohm promised him that Ohm wouldn't hurt him again but he wasn't sure how Ohm would react when he say this. But then again, about time he confess it all and come clean.

"... slapped her. So hard that she fell to the ground. And I spat those words on her face."

Ohm didn't respond. Instead, he took a deep breath and rested his head on the bathtub, still caressing Nanon's hair.

"You seem to remember things well..."

He muttered and Nanon nodded softly,

"I will never forget what I did to her. I regretted it badly. Actually that is kind of the only thing I regret in my life."

"If you regretted it that much, why didn't you apologize?"

"I didn't feel like I had the right to. And I knew she was in love with me. I didn't want to give her false hopes when I know that I can't take care of her. She deserves only the best."

Ohm hummed.

"So you are not afraid of giving me false hopes? Not afraid of me not deserving the best?"

There was a slight hint of tease in his voice and that made Nanon grin.

"I am not the one who is taking care of you here. It is the other way around. And I don't think my father could hurt you or harm you because before that, you will send him to hell."

Nanon laughed and Ohm joined him with a chuckle.

"That's true..."

"You are a sense of security to me, Ohm. I know we could make it. I know we would be able to fight through this when the time comes. But with Jane, I need to take care of her, I need to protect her which is not something I could do when I couldn't even take care of myself. So I didn't dare to go back to her."

Nanon paused and took a sharp inhale. That was to stop crying, Ohm knew. So he kept silent letting Nanon continue.

"I knew she would be back if I talked to her again. And I knew she would throw everything away and dedicate herself to be my best friend if we go back there. And I knew! That would only end up hurting her. I knew I would only end up saying harsh words to her when I get hurt and lose control of myself. I knew she couldn't keep me in check like you. She was a right person met at the wrong time."

Tears streamed down Nanon's eyes as he got reminded of his best friend.

"It's okay..."

Ohm's hands wrapped around Nanon's waist as he leaned forward and kissed on Nanon's shoulder.

"She doesn't hate you, you don't hate her and I'm not angry at you anymore. Isn't that the perfect timing to let this go?"

He asked but Nanon didn't reply. Ohm knew why but he didn't want to push further. Nanon was not ready to let it go yet. If Jane was hurting from the pain Nanon gave her, Nanon was hurting from the guilt of the pain he gave her.

"Non..."

"Hm?"

"I love you."

Ohm said so softly as he slowly sent his hands down Nanon's body and Nanon's body arched in sensation as he whispered back,

"I love you too. Don't ever leave me, Ohm. Now I really don't know what to do without you. I don't know if I would live without you and I don't know what to do without the last straw of hope with me. You are my light and my hope so please stay with me."

"I will, Non. I promise you I will. I will hold you tight when you fall and I will lead you to the end of the tunnel toward the light when it gets too dark. I promise you I will."

Their lips pressed against each other with a warm feeling running through their bodies and after the bath, they settled on the bed and cuddled up for the rest of the night.

Feeling each other's breath and finding their home in it.

Please vote and leave your feedback in the comments! 🥺👉👈

Thank you for reading My Little Droplets. Love you ❤