Chapter 33: A Forever Promise

"What is it?" 

Ohm asked Bright when Bright didn't speak a word even after he lit the cigarette. Ohm hadn't seen Bright this nervous before. Bright had always been bold and cocky with him and ever since they were kids, Bright definitely held the older brother aura just with the way he carried himself. But today, he looked like a mouse caught in a trap and that wasn't sitting right with Ohm.

"I don't know how to say this."

Bright groaned and Ohm clicked his tongue.

"Is it serious?" 

"It depends on how you view it, actually. So I'm not sure."

Bright said taking a deep breath and Ohm chuckled.

"You do realize that no matter what you say I don't dare to be mad at you, right? In fact, I'm actually scared you would kick my ass."

"Oh, you are?"

"Hate to admit it, but yes."

Both of them fell into a soft laughter, making the atmosphere less tense and that was when Bright looked at Ohm and said in an earnest tone,

"Ohm, I know what I'm about to say you is going to shock you. More than anything what I'm the most nervous about is how you would react to this because I don't want anything to be ruined between us. But I really don't think I can hold back anymore."

Ohm didn't reply. Instead, he let Bright continue. 

"The thing is, I'm actually in love with Jane and we are dating."

Bright dropped the bomb and there was a solid minute of silence before Ohm could process what Bright said. 

"You are dating who now?" 

Ohm asked again, not quite sure what he heard was right and Bright kept looking at him without a single word before he said with a blank face,

"You heard it right."

"You are dating Jane? My sister?!"

This time Ohm literally screamed and Bright immediately placed his hand in front of Ohm's mouth.

"Shut up, Ohm! You don't need to announce it to the world. And yes, I'm dating your sister."

"What? How? Wait, how long? Oh my god, so when you said you were sleeping with my sister you meant it?"

Ohm's face was just going through a spectrum of emotions but Bright only processed the last thing he said.

"Wait when did I ever say I am sleeping with you sister?"

"That day when I joked about you being single. You replied your sister when I asked you who you are sleeping with if you are not single. You fucking meant it? You slept with Jane?"

Ohm's voice was raising octaves higher as the realization was dawning upon him and Bright was so confused for a moment before it processed inside of him. The first thing he did when he was done processing was smacking on Ohm's head.

"Damn you, idiot! Why did you even remember it? It was a figure of speech! I didn't sleep with Jane yet."

"Yet?!" 

Ohm screamed again and that earned him another smack followed by two other because Bright really didn't want Nanon and Jane to come out of the room wondering what the hell this commotion was. 

"Can we stop talking about it? I just wanted to let you know that I'm dating her."

Bright said calmly as he let Ohm caress his head on the places where Bright smacked him and Ohm pouted. 

It was a major blow to Ohm. Well not a bad one, of course but somewhat of a surprising blow. He knew Bright loved both Jane and him a lot but he just never knew Bright loved Jane that way and Ohm definitely didn't see it coming. 

"How long?" 

Ohm asked, rather calmly once he had collected his thoughts and Bright cleared his throat before he replied,

"About three months since we made it official."

"Damn three months?"

Ohm's eyes widened as he asked and Bright chuckled.

"Yeah, since we both agreed we liked each other. We are taking it slow though."

Ohm didn't speak for a while. In a way, he was glad because this meant that Jane had totally moved on from Nanon because when he started dating Nanon, he was wondering how he was to break the news to Jane. Now that Jane had also come to meet Nanon, it also meant she had taken the step to heal so Ohm assumed his and Nanon's relationship wouldn't be a big issue. 

But Bright and Jane dating? That was totally new. He felt warm thinking about it. Ohm never thought he would have a day he would willing give his sister for a man after what happened with Nanon but now that Bright had come to the picture, he was sure he would. 

Ohm chuckled at himself. How could he not notice? How could he not even think about the possibility. Bright grew up with them and though Bright was like their own brother, they were not blood so there were the possibilities. Jane was a beautiful girl and Bright was a very handsome man. Ohm felt stupid he didn't pair them up himself. 

"I have a lot to say but I also know I don't have to say a lot because I know there is no one in this world you can take care of her better than you. If I love Jane, you love her the same. You are her family already. So can I ask you one thing?"

Ohm looked at Bright, suddenly feeling emotional and Bright looked at him with a soft smile.

"What is it?"

"Can you heal her and cherish her heart forever? Don't make her want another man. Don't make her seek for another love. Don't ever let go of her hand and don't ever keep her guessing if she deserves better in life. Because to me, giving her to another man with all she has gone won't be easy."

Bright smiled before he opened his arms.

"Come here."

He said and Ohm willingly cuddled into his embrace feeling small in his arms just like he felt when Bright hugged him when he was small.

"I promise you, Ohm. I promise you I will be the last one and the only one in her life. I promise you I will take care of her just like you and even better than you if I could. I promise you I won't ever hurt her and I promise her, I will let her heal and cherish her hear forever. You can trust me on that."

Please vote and leave your feedback in the comments! 🥺👉👈

Thank you for reading My Little Droplets. Love you ❤