Chapter 26: More Than Once

Jane knocked on the door of the training room where Jake and Bright would be usually in. When she didn't get a response, she got restless. At that moment, all she cared about was Bright. She didn't have any feelings for Bright before Bright confessed to her that he liked her, but now that he had, Jane found herself falling for the man.

Maybe because the sudden realization hit her that there was no real reason they couldn't be a thing. Bright was her brother, yes, but not her real brother. Her father would love this relationship more than anyone, and Ohm would approve happily. She just knew.

"Jake!"

She knocked on the door again but heard no response, so this time, she pushed the door open and barged in.

The training room was empty. Not a single sign of a living being there. Jane laughed at herself. No wonder no one responded.

However, when she turned to exit the room, she heard the water of the bathroom of the training room running. She paused and walked toward the bathroom.

Once again, she got a slight hope that it might be Bright, so she knocked on the door of it. Seconds passed, and no one responded. At this point, Jane was feeling frustrated.

What if this was not Bright, and she wasted her time? But what if this was Bright and she missed meeting him? Jane was about to knock again when the bathroom door opened.

Her mouth fell gape open as a shirtless Bright emerged from the door. His hair wet after a good bath and the towel still on his shoulder. For her luck, his had his trousers on, and if not, Jane wouldn't know how she could have reacted.

"DAMN JANE!"

Bright suddenly covered his upper body with the towel on his shoulde, shocked to see Jane in front of him.

Both of them kept staring at each other faces for a few good minutes, still processing what was happening. For Jane, she didn't expect seeing Bright shirtless would do so much to her heart, and for Bright, he didn't expect a girl to be in their training room when he was half naked. And that also happened to be Jane.

Both of them blinked, coming out of their shock, and Jane cleared her throat as she looked away respectfully.

"The bruises on your body..."

Her voice trailed off as she didn't meet Bright's eyes.

"... are from the punishment. Sorry you had to see me like this."

Bright completed scratching his nape in embarrassment, but Jane immediately shook her head as she looked at him.

"No, no, that's fine. Do you have a first-aid kit around?"

She said quickly as she walked away to the cupboards, and seeing how concerned and flustered Jane was at the same time, Bright chuckled.

"Hey, it's all right. I'll take care of it. I'm used to these things, and this is not the first time I went through a punishment."

"Well then, news flash, Jake will have to stop doing that. I will never let him do that to you again."

Jane said, looking back at Bright for a second before she grabbed the first-aid kit from the cupboard.

Bright could feel his heart filling in warmth, looking how much concerned Jane was about him. And he could see it in her eyes. The way she looked at him had changed. Usually, Jane wouldn't bother seeing him shirtless, but today, she was definitely a liot flustered.

"Okie. Sit down."

She pointed to the benches at the corner of the training room, and Bright whined.

"Jane, it's okay. I can take care of it."

He really didn't want to bother her. Just her being there after being physically exhausted was enough.

But Jane huffed and held Bright's hand before walking to the bench and making him sit on bench.

"Bright... let me take care of you. You want me to be your girlfriend, but you are reluctant to even let me do this."

She said as she sat beside him, and now it was Bright's turn to be flustered. Did she just acknowledge what he asked her about being his girlfriend? Did this mean that Jane officially opened her heart to try?

"What did you say?"

Bright asked, his eyes perking up, and Jane looked at him and raised her brow.

"I said what I said. And it is what it is. I might not be able to do it at once, but I'm going to give ourselves a chance. Just..."

She stared deep into his eyes. His eyes were so deep and expressive. The eyes held a deep emotion each time she looked into them.

"Handle me with care. I know this sounds absurd given the fact you aren't responsible for my past. But I'm most likely to break by the simplest things, and after what happened, I wouldn't call myself the strongest. I used to believe I could face anything, but when that anything finally happened, I realized I couldn't. And I found myself unprepared."

Bright smiled. His eyes fell to his lap as a faint smile painted his lips. It was almost a smile that called her silly, and the next time he looked into Jane's eyes, all Jane could see was raw genuineness.

"Whether there is a scarred past or not, every time I deal with the people I love, I deal with them with care. They are too precious for me to lose over anything. I don't hurt the people I love, Jane. You can trust me on that."

Jane smiled. The word love seemed to be so distant after what happened with Nanon. She thought she could never recover from it, and she thought she wouldn't be able to move on and love anyone else. But right now, when her heart swelled for the words Bright said, she knew what she had thought was no true.

People do really fall in love more than once...

Please vote and leave your feedback in the comments! 🥺👉👈

Thank you for reading My Little Droplets. Love you ❤