Chapter 32: Past In The Present

"Jane..."

The words escaped Nanon's lips in disbelief as he saw the girl instictively standing from the couch. Bright followed what she did while Ohm pinched the bridge of his nose, not knowing what would happen next.

Jane didn't say a word. Instead, she strode toward Nanon, and even before Nanon could comprehend, she slapped him across his face.

"Jane!"

Both Bright and Ohm almost shouted but didn't dare to interfere whatever would happen next.

"That was for the slap you gave me."

She hissed, and Nanon could feel tears brimming in his eyes. Not because of the slap Jane gave but because he hated how much of an asshole he had been to her.

His head had snapped to the side by the slap, so he slowly turned it to face Jane again. What he did not expect was for her eyes to be filled in tears as well.

"Jane, I-"

"You are such a douchebag, you know. All I wanted was for you to stay by my side. I didn't want you to be the father of my kid, I just wanted you to be my best friend who could support me emotionally. What would that have cost you, Nanon?"

"Jane-"

Nanon found his words caught in his throat. He never expected he would meet her anytime soon.

"Stop crying, you asshole. You don't deserve to cry!"

She took a step toward him and started to hit his chest, quite hardly that it hurt so much but Nanon just stood there crying, thinking the pain he was feeling at that moment was nothing compared to the pain he gave to her.

"You didn't have to love me."

Jane's voice cracked.

"All you had to do was hug me and tell me everything would be all right."

She let out a loud sob, and that was all Nanon needed to wrap his hands around her and hug her tightly. Though Jane fought it at first, soon she melted into the hug and wrapped her soft hands around Nanon, her sobs getting muffled into Nanon's chest.

"I hate you..."

She muttered, and Nanon breathed deep as he kissed her hair and whispered back.

"I deserve it."

It was so good to have Jane back in his arms again. He missed her. He missed her so much to an extent that he could not describe in words. He wanted to hug her like this so bad that he wished he did it sooner. But he didn't have the strength to go back and do that, and unless for the fact Jane came here herself, he believed he would never have that strength. Not in this life.

Nanon kept caressing Jane's hair, so softly and gently, as if she would break if he did that any strong. He kept caressing her hair until she calmed down with silent tears streaming down his own face.

He knew Jane wasn't truly mad at him. He knew Jane didn't hate him, and he actually thought she should. Because what he had done to her was unforgivable. As her best friend who received her care and love without boundaries, what he did to her when she needed him the most was just plain ungratefulness.

But Nanon was glad she didn't hate him. There were only a few people in this world who loved him so dearly, and it would be a pity to lose one of them because of his stupidity.

When Jane pulled away from the hug, finally collecting herself, she looked up to see Nanon's clearly after a long time. No, she wasn't mad. She didn't slap him to feel better about it, but those were just instincts and sudden rage when she saw him for the first time after that incident.

In fact, Jane longed for this moment. Though at first she was scared to meet Nanon because she didn't know what to do, when she fell in love with Bright, she realized she was ready to move on.

Which was why she told Bright that she wanted to meet Nanon and get over from the past. That was when Bright called Ohm and told him that he would bring Jane over. Ohm had been hesitant, but he also had known, deep down, Nanon also wanted a closure from his past from the only person who could give him that.

Jane's eyes scanned Nanon's glimmery eyes that were filled with apology, and for the first time after a long time, she felt the familiar ache in her heart when she saw Nanon in tears.

"Non, let's talk."

She said softly, never taking her eyes off him, and Nanon nodded, still in a daze.

"You can take our room."

Ohm said to Nanon and nodded at him when he looked at Ohm for assurance. Nanon held Jane's hand almost skeptically because he didn't know if he had the right to do that anymore, and his heart tugged when he remembered those things used to be the most normal things between them.

As if Jane understood him, she squeezed his hand lightly and then smiled at him. Nanon smiled back, this time genuinely feeling the urge to do so, and both of them walked into the room before Nanon softly closed it behind but left the door unlocked. Things had come to this point, and there was nothing they had to hide anyway.

Bright and Ohm looked at Nanon and Jane leaving the room and once they went in and closed the door behind, they looked at each other.

"Let's talk."

Bright said to Ohm and Ohm let out a soft chuckle.

"Am I getting ticked off for something?"

He asked, and Bright shook his head.

"No, there is something I want to tell you. I thought of telling this to dad first, but then I thought it would he safe to tell you."

Bright waa scratching the back of his neck like a kid, and Ohm's eyebrows furrowed.

"Is it that serious?"

Ohm asked again, and Bright let out a groan before he pushed Ohm toward the window, lit a cigarette, and handed it to Ohm. Reluctantly, Ohm took it and placed it on his lips before he watched Bright do the same.

Please vote and leave your feedback in the comments! 🥺👉👈

Thank you for reading My Little Droplets. Love you ❤