𝙲𝙷𝙰𝙿𝚃𝙴𝚁 𝟷

EMERY MELVILLE WAS A KOOK

MARA STEVENS WAS A KOOK.

LEVI MELVILLE WAS A KOOK.

however, the only one who was actually viewed as such was levi.

his younger sister and her best friend were always with the pogues, going as far as never even enrolling at the kook academy. levi had no issue with the pogues, but he was friends with rafe cameron, so the pogues had an issue with him.

the morning after the hurricane, when emery woke up, she was expecting mara to be next to her in john b's guest bedroom, but she was instead met with jj, her longtime best friend- he went back further than mara- sprawled out across the bed.

emery started to climb out of bed, but the arm jj had wrapped around her waist pulled her back down.

"you're a clingy little shit, i'll give you that." emery told him with a small laugh, prying the boy's arm off her, grabbing a random hoodie that had been thrown onto the floor- most likely john b or jj's- and pulled it on over her t-shirt.

"why'd you leave me, jj almost didn't let me out of bed this morning." the blonde said, walking into john b's living room where mara was laying on the pullout couch.

"because this couch is more comfortable than any bed in this house." mara slurred in reply, clearly still half-asleep.

"you been outside yet?"

"john b walked out literally five seconds ago, i haven't moved since five am." mara replied burying her face in her pillow. "now please go away so i can sleep."

emery just walked onto the porch, taking in everything outside. the air was heavier, more humid than normal, and the tree that was standing over the house, providing shade to the porch was blown over, thankfully in the opposite direction of the house.

"that's delightful." emery spoke to john b, who was cleaning his boat out.

jj and emery went way back, john b and emery went back further. their parents were friends, john b's dad and emery's dad working together on a treasure hunt, both trying to find the royal merchant shipwreck together. emery's dad, jackson, provided money, while john b's dad, who everyone called big john, provided his research. their hunt began before they were even married. emery's mother, amelia, and john b's mother, who neither of them could remember were best friends, and their kids (the ones who were the same age, at least) were just as close.