𝙲𝙷𝙰𝙿𝚃𝙴𝚁 𝟹𝟸

MARA WOKE UP AROUND TEN TO A FRANTIC POUNDING ON HER DOOR

"take some midol and come back!" she yelled, grabbing a pillow and pressing it over her face, the door slamming open, the girl groaning.

"mara?" john b asked, mara throwing the pillow across the room in the direction of his voice.

"you're such a bitch- let me sleep." she whined, rolling away from the door.

"mara, emery's gone." john b deadpanned, mara suddenly alert and sitting up to see john b, clearly panicking.

"are you serious?" mara asked, standing up as john b threw his hands in the air.

"why would i joke about this?" he asked in bewilderment, mara rolling her eyes.

"okay, go down to the kitchen- give me five minutes." mara stressed, motioning for john b to leave the room as she started to dig through the drawers of the dresser for new clothes. "how did you not notice she wasn't with you if you slept in the same bed?" mara asked suddenly.

"about that..." john b trailed off, mara turning towards him slowly and raising her eyebrows.

"john?" she asked lowly. "what did you do?"

"i went to the cameron's." he said, mara throwing her hands up and letting them fall to her side in disbelief.

"are you stupid?" she asked angrily, john b backing away from the door.

"we can talk about that later, just hurry up! i have no idea where emery is and she's not answering her phone." john b panicked, slamming the bedroom door so mara could change, the girl coming down the stairs a few minutes later in a black t-shirt and jean shorts.

"okay- john?" mara called- the routledge was standing, frozen, outside the open front door.

"you looking for emery?" a familiar voice asked. "or did you figure out she isn't in there? i told you so."

"what the hell are you doing here- was she in the house?" mara asked in shock as she walked to the front door to see john b, frozen in place, and cleo, who had worked on the boat with terrance.