𝙲𝙷𝙰𝙿𝚃𝙴𝚁 𝟷𝟿

THE POGUES SPENT THE WHOLE DAY PREPPING

they picked up ainsley and levi, levi because he was the only one who had actually made it over the wall when they were little, and ainsley because she had spent a lot of time around the area at her grandparents house and was most familiar with the roads and even blind spots in the house.

"you guys got rope?" john b questioned.

"yep." emery replied.

"grappling hook?"

"no grappling hook, we're not batman." pope said, unamused.

"pulley?" john b asked from the front.

"check." levi replied.

"dark clothing?" he confirmed.

"i'd hope you're already wearing it." emery deadpanned.

"flashlights?"

"present and accounted for." mara replied, passing them around the van.

"alight, good." john b muttered. "we're ready."

"let's go." kie mumbled.

"let's go get rich, guys." jj added, opening the back door of the van and the passenger door for emery, she and john b climbing out of the van and grabbing their supplies out of the back.

"yeah. hell yeah." kie muttered, passing the pulley supplied to emery.

"wait, wait, wait." john b said when he got to the other side of the van, everyone stopping to look up at him from their spots in the back of the van, emery from where she was leaned against the door. "i wanna say thank you, guys. seriously. it means a lot to me that you're here tonight."

kiara smiled at him, rolling her eyes at the sappiness of his comment. "always."

emery grabbed his hand, squeezing it reassuringly and smiling up at him, john b returning the look, his face lit up by the interior light in the twinkie.

"of course, man." pope said, he and john b doing the pogue handshake.

"my man." john b replied, mara eyeing emery.