𝙲𝙷𝙰𝙿𝚃𝙴𝚁 𝟹𝟺

THE GOLD WAS MOVING THE NEXT DAY

emery called terrance as soon as the first truck drove by the house. he had luckily contacted all of his friends the previous night, meaning that they were all ready as soon as he needed them to help the gold sabotage operation. emery dialed amelia's number into her phone as soon as they got to the other side of the fence, the backpack over her shoulder containing all their clothes her the next day's event, and climbing into the passenger side of the truck.

"did you find out where it's going?" emery asked as soon as the call connected. she had gotten amelia to talk to rose and find out where the gold was moving by getting rose to slip up and accidentally let the location slip, which turned out to be easy after about three glasses of wine.

"it's going to odyssey aviation, can you find that?"

"i'm sure i can can." emery replied, smiling as she did. "you're the best, love you forever, be home soon."

she hung up, directing john b to terrance's house where they were all planning to meet that morning. while john b drove, emery was finding the best routes to the airstrip.

"okay, terrance is gonna need lookouts at the bridge and in town, if we can slow them down and send them on a detour to the back country, we can get them there where no one will see.

"how many trucks did you see?" mara asked.

"one, but i guarantee you ward's planning for a hijacking." emery added, climbing out of the truck while still looking at all possible routes for the gold to take. "either way if we get them on this dirt road by themselves, it'll be a piece of cake from there."

"right, how do we do that?" mara asked.

"it's terrance, he'll figure something out." emery assured as john b stopped the truck in front of the house.

"do you actually know what terrance's plan is?" john b asked.

"he said something about him and cleo having guns, us taking the truck, i don't really know." emery replied nonchalantly as they stepped inside the house.