𝙲𝙷𝙰𝙿𝚃𝙴𝚁 𝟸𝟿

ONE MONTH

ONE MONTH.

john b, emery, and mara had been on that cargo ship for a month.

for mara, it was a painful month of third wheeling.

she was once again reminded that her 'quality time with mom and dad' may not have been worth it when she woke up on the floor while john b and emery shared the bed.

"emery?" john b whispered. "wanna get married?"

"oh, gag me." mara groaned, rolling over and covering her ears.

"no." emery said bluntly, making mara laugh.

"what- why not?"

"because why marry you when i can marry mara?" emery asked, with a shrug, reaching over the edge of the bed to high five mara. "you also have no assets."

"neither do you guys." john b fired back.

"yeah, but we have parents." mara said bluntly with a shrug, making john b scoff offendedly while emery giggled.

"rise and shine, lovebirds and blondie." the captain, who they had found was named terrance, said when he entered the room. "we're coming up on port, you best not be seen onboard if you ain't got a passport."

"thank you much, skipper." emery told him with a warm smile, the captain chuckling as he thumped her on the shoulder, john b and mara following her out of the cabin.

"you guys can take my bridge." he told them, gesturing for them to go up the stairs. the room they were in was made of glass, john b's jaw falling as he looked at the island.

"dude, i've never been to a foreign country before." he breathed, emery wrinkling her eyebrows.

"again, australia." she deadpanned.

"again, don't remember." john b fired back.

"i was there too, you definitely went to australia." mara retorted.

"welcome to nassau." emery cut off the australia conversation, pointing her finger out the window. "that is our house."

"whoa." john b muttered. "sometimes i forget you're rich."