𝙲𝙷𝙰𝙿𝚃𝙴𝚁 𝟿

EMERY WAS TIRED

EMERY WAS TIRED.

the hms pogue was slowly cruising through the outlet at shem creek, the hot outer banks sun burning into her skin, the girl's lack of sunscreen evident as her tan was slowly turning red.

"you see that?" jj said to the group, gesturing toward the red boat coming toward them. "that's the malibu mxz, the worlds finest wakesetter. number one in luxury, quality, and performance."

"we picked the wrong parents." pope said.

"speak for yourselves, i'm very well off." emery replied.

"i hate to break it to you guys, but that's topper and his girlfriend." kiara mentioned, and upon closer consideration emery and mara realized it was, in fact, topper and sarah.

"not even gonna say hello to your future sister-in-law, ainsley?" emery asked loud enough so everyone on the boat could hear.

"whatre you talking about?" pope asked.

"do you want to tell them, or should i?" emery asked ainsley, who's eyes were wide. "please, who are you disappearing for days on end with?"

"it's none of your business, emery." ainsley replied, trying to sound assertive, but her voice was shaking.

"your little lap dog isn't here to bail you out, tell them or i will." emery threatened. "it's bad enough that you want to stab us in the back and now you want to lie about it?"

"ains, what is she talking about?" mara asked, ainsley shaking her head.

"i don't know?"

"oh, you don't? so you're not going out with rafe cameron? my brothers a liar?" emery asked, pretending to be clueless as topper and sarah stopped next to them.

"ems, lay off her." topper said flatly.

"why are you even here?" emery asked bitterly.

"because ainsley is our friend!" sarah spoke up, mara holding her hand up at the girl and shaking her head.