𝙲𝙷𝙰𝙿𝚃𝙴𝚁 𝟹𝟻

MARA'S BREATHING HAD BECOME LABORED

emery tugged her button down off, folding it up into a rectangle and laying it on mara's stomach.

"okay, mara, you have to press down on this. i know it's gonna hurt but we have to stop the bleeding." emery explained, putting a light pressure on the shirt, mara gasping in pain.

"hey, she needs to get that shirt off." john b stated.

"hey, you hold this down, i'm gonna take the shirt off, okay?" emery explained, mara leaning forward so emery could take the button down she was wearing off her frame, passing it to john b. "okay, okay, you're good, lean back."

"i'm calling terrance." john b said, taking emery's phone from her back pocket and dialing terrance's number, putting the phone on speaker as emery continued to press on the rag, mara gripping the blonde's forearm tightly.

"did you get the gold?" terrance asked as soon as the call connected.

"yes, yes, we got the gold." emery stated, terrance and cleo beginning to celebrate on the other end. "but hey, listen, we got a problem. mara's been shot."

"what?" terrance asked.

"she's shot in the gut, we need your help." emery said, tossing the shirt that was now soaked in blood into the floorboard and grabbing the other shirt from john b's lap, pressing it down earning a scream of pain from mara.

"we're up in the cane field, a mile up on the left." john b explained as emery helped mara, the girl breathing heavily as emery continued to hold the cloth to her gun wound.

"where you at?"

"we don't know exactly- john b, drop a pin." emery ordered as she started to untie his bandana, placing it between the bloody shirt and mara's wound.

"we're on our way. we'll find you."

"hey, terrance and cleo are on the way, okay? you're gonna be alright." emery assured, flipping the shirt over so there was more fabric on the wound.