𝙲𝙷𝙰𝙿𝚃𝙴𝚁 𝟹𝟶

JOHN B, EMERY, AND MARA RECUPERATED AT THE MELVILLE HOUSE FOR THE ENTIRE DAY

they all got clothes that the family left at house year round, took showers, ate, and even went swimming in the backyard pool, the fence being high enough the neighbors wouldn't be able to see them if they were even at their houses.

so, sitting in the living room, with ten things i hate about you playing on the tv, emery dialed her mother's number, assuming levi hadn't already told her about the situation with emery being alive and all.

"hello?"

"mom?" emery asked, radio silence greeting her on the other line.

"who is this?"

"do you have another daughter you're not telling me about?" emery asked in disbelief. "i mean, not telling me about me and jj being twins is one thing, but a whole other person?"

"it's me!" mara called from the armchair.

suddenly, emery's phone buzzed in her hand, the girl pulling it away to see a facetime call. she ushered john b and mara over before accepting, the three of them sending amelia beaming smiles as the call connected.

"oh my god." amelia breathed. "oh my god!"

emery laughed a little, john b snatching the phone.

"did you miss me?" he asked, amelia nodding quickly as she began crying.

"where the hell are you guys?" she snapped, emery grabbing the phone back.

"the nassau house, we made it to the bahamas." she said simply, showing amelia that she was, in fact, inside their house.

"how did you guys get to the bahamas?"

"we hitchhiked on a cargo ship." mara deadpanned, amelia rolling her eyes.

"i won't tell anyone you guys are alive. im assuming the others already know?"

"yes, we texted them as soon as we got here." emery said, amelia nodding.

"okay, i'm gonna go before you tell me about whatever stupid plan you have, stay safe and text me tonight so i know you're okay."