𝙲𝙷𝙰𝙿𝚃𝙴𝚁 𝟷𝟺

EMERY AND JOHN B RAN OFF THE BARGE

"we look disgusting!" emery exclaimed as the two of them walked through a park, having discarded their rain coats and made it a considerable distance from the ship. "they won't let us in the archives looking like this."

"why not?" john b asked innocently.

"because we appear to have crawled out of a swamp." emery deadpanned, pulling john b down the street to the shopping district, looking from window to window before her eyes fell on the bench silver store where her mother bought most of her and levi's dress clothes for parties.

"i'm not shopping there." john b said flatly, emery grabbing his wrist and pulling him inside the
store, not even hearing out his protests.

"what about this one?" emery asked, holding up a pastel purple polo shirt, john b raising his eyebrows at her.

"who do i look like, rafe?" he scoffed offendedly and emery put the shirt down, john b looking at the price tag on another shirt.

"don't even." she deadpanned as the brunette boy's mouth dropped.

"that polo is a hundred and twelve dollars!" john b exclaimed.

"and? i'm rich." emery replied nonchalantly, an employee strolling over to them.

"can i help you guys?" he asked, emery nodding as she smirked at john b.

"you can!" she exclaimed. "mister..."

"ike." the man introduced himself.

"mr. ike, this is my... friend john." emery introduced john b. "and he... needs every bit of help we can give him."

"i can see that." the man deadpanned, john b looking between the two of them offendedly.

"can we get... a while button down- oh, what about khaki!" emery exclaimed to the man, john b's face falling impossibly further.

"emery, i'm not wearing khaki." he practically pleaded.

"don't listen to him, bring us some khakis- oh, what about a set of suspenders!" emery exclaimed, john b's mouth dropping at the girl, who only smirked at him.