𝙲𝙷𝙰𝙿𝚃𝙴𝚁 𝟺𝟶

LEVI AND POPE SHOWED UP AT THE SAME TIME AS KIE AND AINSLEY

the boys came down the driveway at the same moment kiara and ainsley shut the boat off, emery wordlessly motioning for her brother to follow them down the dock where jj and john b were already running towards the hms pogue.

"wait! guys! don't tie up!" jj called, kiara looking at him confused.

"why? what's going on?" ainsley asked.

"we're dipping." jj said shortly, tossing the backpack he had on onto the hms pogue.

"what're you guys talking about?" pope asked.

"where'd you guys go? what happened last night?" john b asked, looking between pope and levi, then ainsley and kie.

"we slept on the break." ainsley said bluntly.

"we stayed at the cove. why? what happened?" levi asked, looking at his sister.

"slept, yeah, right- we were up all night." jj said bitterly as he patted kiara on the shoulder.

"we gotta get the hell out of here." john b breathed.

"rafe and barry know we're here." emery explained as she helped mara down the dock. "they showed up last night."

"like, showed up here?" levi asked, emery nodding quickly.

"he shot at us." she breathed, helping mara get into the boat, shoving the boat away from the dock as john b started it. the pogues managed to find their way to a part of the island that was far enough away from the main part to be unnoticed. emery, mara, kiara, and ainsley all covered the boat with tree branches and leaves while the boys collected firewood.

eventually, when they had done all they could to get the island hospitable, they sat in a circle off the sand.

"look if rafe and barry know, it's only a matter of time." kiara said bluntly.

"before everyone knows." pope added, jj scoffing from where he was pacing behind emery and mara.

"i told you. we should've just gone south, man." the maybank said agitatedly.