𝙲𝙷𝙰𝙿𝚃𝙴𝚁 𝟷𝟶

THE SALVAGE YARD WAS EMPTY

no staff appeared to be working that day with the exception of the security guard manning the gate. kiara was going to approach him and explain that she had a flat tire on the boat trailer carrying the hms pogue, as him for some air, and when he opened to gate, everyone else would slip through and steal the drone.

"this is probably the dumbest idea you've ever had." emery mumbled from next to jj. "are you sure you even have the right numbers for the lock? how long ago was it when your dad got fired?"

"it's just been a couple weeks, i'm sure they're right." the blonde replied, everyone watching as kiara approached the guard and hearing the cheeriness in her voice as she asked him for air.

"she sounds like me answering the phone at heyward's." mara mentioned. "i'm never that happy to sell someone two pounds of shrimp."

"i'm never happy to be at heyward's, period. no offense, pope." emery said quickly, the dark haired boy shaking his head.

"none taken."

hey, he's opening the gate." john b whisper-shouted, motioning for the group to follow him as they slinked back behind where the guard was following kiara before dashing through the gate, which closed far faster than it opened. everyone followed jj, who took them to a large metal barn, pulling a sticky note out of his back pocket and putting the numbers into the lock, but it wasn't working.

"you're positive you have the right numbers?" mara asked, jj dropping the note and looking between her and emery embarrassedly.

"okay, i might have the wrong numbers." he mumbled, emery sighing heavily and mara rolling her eyes.

"dude, are you serious?" emery yelled, a dog rounding the corner, barking it's head off.

"that's a cougar, come on!" john b shouted, grabbing emery's arm and pulling her around the corner with him as the dog chased after pope.

"i've got a toy, boy!" jj called, waving a bandana around as the dog turned to him and levi, jj's eyes widening.

"not really- shit!" he yelled, levi running with pope back towards the gate as jj grabbed mara and began running from the dog.