𝙲𝙷𝙰𝙿𝚃𝙴𝚁 𝟸𝟺

"WHAT DID YOU DO?"

"WHAT DID YOU DO?"

emery yelled, rafe pointing the gun at her.

"don't even think about it." he gritted. "you keep your mouth shut."

"rafe, rafe- put the gun down!" jackson demanded, not liking the sight of the weapon pointed directly at emery. john b and sarah had moved to help peterkin, who was gasping for air.

"i'm gonna call for help, okay?" john b assured, trying to grab the radio, but rafe spun around to point the gun at him.

"don't even think about it." he repeated sharply, keeping the barrel pointed firmly at john b.

"john b, just do what he says, it's not on you if she dies." emery regretted the words as soon as they left her mouth, but it was true. john b could do his best to save peterkin, but in the end, if she died, everything would be rafe's fault, not his.

"run." the woman choked out to john b, who was crying in fear now.

"i'm not leaving you." he whispered, still trying to help peterkin, who's state was only worsening.

"john b, we have to." emery said anxiously, watching as jackson and ward tried to calm down rafe. she walked over to him slowly, grabbing his arm in an attempt to pull him away. "john b, sarah will help him, come on." emery whispered, john b glancing at emery before back at peterkin.

"i'm sorry." he whispered, grabbing emery's hand as the two ran around the front of the plane and through the tall grass on the side of the tarmac, sprinting towards the woods when gunshots started behind them, rafe yelling at them to stop running.

when they got to the woods, adrenaline pumping through their body to a point they weren't feeling tired or aching in the slightest, they tore through the trees until they saw a path in front of them. what john b and emery didn't expect was for it to be a road with a car on it. it stopped short, but john b toppled onto the hood, emery falling on top of him.

"hey! hey, you guys are bleeding, are you okay?" the driver called, clearly confused, as john b grabbed emery's hand and pulled her around the car, running back the way it had come, which emery hoped would go to town so they could find the others.