𝙲𝙷𝙰𝙿𝚃𝙴𝚁 𝟸

EMERY AND LEVI WERE THE FIRST ONES TO JOIN POPE

the melville siblings looked down into the water, the top of a rather expensive looking boat showing through the murky water, which was still stirred up from the hurricane.

"it's a boat!" pope exclaimed, mara rolling her eyes as she stepped up behind emery and looked into the water.

"thanks, captain obvious." she replied. emery pulled her shirt off, levi doing the same.

"let's go." emery said to jj and john b, who both followed closely after the melville siblings, swimming closer and closer to the boat. emery made out the grady-white logo on the side in vinyl, her eyes widening slightly at the sight.

when the group resurfaced, jj and john b looking at each other gleefully while emery and levi looked at each other in confusion.

"you guys saw that, right?" jj asked the two, who nodded. "that's a grady-white, a new one of those is like five hundred g's, easy."

"yeah, that's the boat i saw when i surfed the surge." john b commented, emery wrinkling her eyebrows at the boy.

"you surfed the surge?" she asked, john b nodding.

"i left right after you went to bed." he explained.

"who would drive a grady-white in the marsh, let alone during a hurricane?" mara asked, levi shaking his head.

"that surge must've been worse than i thought." the boy said, everyone wrinkling their eyebrows at him. "you ever tried to sink a grady-white before? because i have."

"when did you try to sink a grady-white?" emery asked.

"logan's family? after he bailed on me, left me at rafe's house drunk with no ride home? i was the one who pulled the plugs on that boat. it sat there for a week before they realized it had started to sink." he explained, looking up at the group. "the whole company motto is that you can't sink a grady-white."

"you pulled the plugs on logan carter's grady-white?" jj asked, a smirk on his face, levi nodding skeptically before jj put his hand up, asking for a high five.