𝙲𝙷𝙰𝙿𝚃𝙴𝚁 𝟷𝟹

EMERY AND JOHN B WERE RUNNING TO THE FERRY

"no, no, no!" john b shouted in protest as the ticket handler walked away from his booth.

"i will give you five hundred dollars right now to let us on this boat." emery deadpanned, the man shaking his head at her.

"you two aren't the only ones trying to get off the island." he spat, john b raking his hands through his hair while emery sighed heavily behind him.

"they usually always take the money, weird." she muttered, john b looking around, his eyes falling on the cargo ship not far away.

"okay, i have a better idea, come on." he said quickly to emery, grabbing the girl by the hand and pulling her towards the ship.

"what, do you know these guys or something?" she asked, looking around at the men in yellow raincoats surrounding her, unsure of the situation john b was about to get them in.

"just wait here, okay? these are my people." john b assured, letting go of emery's arm and walking towards the man who was dressed like the captain of the ship.

"hey, excuse me, captain?" john b asked the man. "look, me and my sister really need to get on this boat. can we hop on?" he pleaded, the captain shaking his head.

"no." he replied simply.

"just- just help a brother out." john b tried.

"no." the captain repeated. "can't do it."

"thanks for nothing." john b told him bitterly, walking back to emery looking slightly embarrassed, the girl leaning against the pole next to her and looking at him with an unimpressed smile on her face.

"so what's the status on your people?" emery asked mockingly, john b stuttering on his words.

"um... so..." the brunette struggled to find his words. "they're booked."

"oh are they really?" emery asked sarcastically. "your people are too busy for you?"

"you got a better idea, ems?" john b asked annoyedly, emery looking around before a stack of yellow rain coats and propane tanks caught her eye.