𝙲𝙷𝙰𝙿𝚃𝙴𝚁 𝟹

THEY FOUND THE BODY THAT AFTERNOON

out in the marsh, the body of scooter grubbs was found by the old man who operated a crab shack off the outlet. emery got the call from amelia that she had heard it over the scanner, the group all flocking to the crab shack just as the man's body was pulled out on a stretcher.

"who's that?" john b asked a nearby girl, trying to act oblivious to the situation.

"it's scooter grubbs, he was out during the storm." she explained, quickly pulling her phone out and swiping through the assorted photos. "check out this pic i got. dead body." she dragged out, emery not even attempting to hide the disgust she felt toward the girl taking this man's death and making it something to laugh over.

"what type of boat did he have?" jj asked.

"somehow that dirtbag copped a brand new grady-white." the girl said, putting her phone back in her pocket after everyone had seen her photo. "everyone's out looking for it."

they left not long after, all climbing into the twinkie and going back to the chateau, everyone but pope- who was attempting to regain his composure, finding out about the boat had heightened his anxiety more than ever before- went straight to the porch. emery was playing with a random cigarette lighter she found on the ground that still had fluid in it, while jj was tossing his zippo around next to her. levi was attempting to juggle empty beer bottles when pope bursted into the porch.

"okay, if anyone asks, we didn't see anything, we don't know anything." the boy pressed. "we need to have total and complete amnesia."

"actually, pope's right, for once." jj replied. "deny, deny, deny."

"guys, we can't keep that money." kiara tried.

"okay, not all of us can afford unlimited data plans, kiara." jj said snappily, emery wrinkling her eyebrows.

"i pay your phone bill, you ungrateful little shit." she deadpanned. "and you most definitely have unlimited data."

"we have to pass it off to lana grubbs, otherwise, it's bad karma." kiara attempted to get the conversation back on topic.